PDA

View Full Version : Another kick in the nads for atv riders

tim colston
08-07-2008, 07:39 AM
has anyone seen the new smokey the liberal bear adds? Smokey come down a hill on a mountain bike and comes across a couple of guys preparing to start their quads, and begins to say "atv can set forest fires by throwing sparks from their exhaust". Never mentioning that a spark arrestor would cure that problem. Coming from the "great" state of NOHIO, every National forest i have ever ridden in requires spark arrestors. Also correct me if i am wrong but the fees we pay to ride there are on the the money makers for the forrest to pay rangers bring in income that in most cases wouldn't be there to podunk communities that otherwise no one would care to visit if they didn't have trails to ride. It prolly isn't as big of a deal as I am making it out to be, but it just pisses me off that the commercial is so one sided. I will now step down from my soapbox and listen to your reply's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66wEA5yx2B8

I just came across this spoof commercial, it appears that I am not the only one enraged by these commercials. lol

08-07-2008, 07:53 AM
they have since pulled the ad. they have also added a properly maintained machine or something of the sorts to their website because of all the atv riders emailing them about their incorrect portrayal...

tim colston
08-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
they have since pulled the ad. they have also added a properly maintained machine or something of the sorts to their website because of all the atv riders emailing them about their incorrect portrayal...

I saw the add again last night prior to bedtime. Just bs. IMO. At least give all the facts. I hope they did pull the add or do it soon on our local stations.

08-07-2008, 08:08 AM
that may be the local station not pulling like they should have. contact the blue ribbon coalition about the add still being on the air.

the only place that i saw thew add was on you tube

tim colston
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
I have seen it run on our local station and some of the cable stations in ohio. Truely sad

08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
repost:rolleyes:

tim colston
08-07-2008, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hondarider661
repost:rolleyes: [/QUOTE

]

when

tim colston
08-07-2008, 01:20 PM
sorry ******* just struck me wrong, the add. You can take your little 12yr old attitude and shove it pal. Newb

trx440
08-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
repost:rolleyes:

Articles like this should be reposted everyday.

But we as an ATV community should be sensitive to those who are against reposted threads.

But the a rollin eyes smilie is a bit over the top pal. Go sign up at www.250exwithaCobraSlipon.com and let the men talk.

tim colston
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Articles like this should be reposted everyday.

But we as an ATV community should be sensitive to those who are against reposted threads.

But the a rollin eyes smilie is a bit over the top pal. Go sign up at www.250exwithaCobraSlipon.com and let the men talk.

Thank you. As I stated in my PM to him, I don't have time to look through the countless threads on here everyday. Just wanted to let everyone know what BS was being put out there. As Speedyquad said, apparently they aren't running them anymore in his neck of the woods, so threads like this get things done. Even if someone has already covered it. Thanks again for helping hondarider661, a member for 1 month, see the light.

08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
see actually i have been a member since 06, i made a new name. no hard feelings.:ermm:

ZeroLogic
08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Yea you damn quad riders are starting fires!:blah:

trx310R#24
08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
when im riding at night sometimes fire comes out the back but i dont think theres a chanse of it lighting anything on fire

jesseweaver
08-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Yea you damn quad riders are starting fires!:blah:

but all you 2 stroke joke riders keep making holes in the ozone abd polluting the air:blah: