PDA

View Full Version : In need of an 89mm gaskit

cdevito
08-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm in need of an 89mm top end gaskit for my '01 440. I know it sounds stupid but I just blew out a second new gaskit, I mean shrapnel. Lpooking for a used one in good shape for cheap.Don't need all of the other ones that come in the kit. Thanks for the support.

Chris

drew416ex
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Do you have HD studs?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
we stock the head gaskets they are $20

justin1022
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
we stock the head gaskets they are $20

what about the gasket that goes under ur cylinder mine is ***** my bolts are supersuper tight and it still leaks oil like crazy im not even joking within 30 minutes your tank is dry.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-11-2008, 10:02 AM
the base gaskets are $10 and they are a fiber gasket

cdevito
08-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Colby,I'm gonna give you a call.

as far as the studs, yes and i went up in size as well. The rear stud pulls up, but I believe the two of the nuts (exhaust and left side)backed off. those studs were tight as s%$!

justin1022
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
the base gaskets are $10 and they are a fiber gasket

ok i got one of them i just droped a JE 440 kit and it leaks oil around there bad the bolts are tight tight tight would you say its my gasket or could i have honned it to much?

cdevito
08-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Justin,

I've been racing my 440 for about two years now with minimal problems. A little oil leak here and there but nothing to cry about. Now I am running a 13:1 compression and I was told from the beginning that I was going to blow the head off and have all sorts of problems. Out of all the guys I've talked to at the track, it's a miracle I haven't had problems sooner. The biggest catastophic failure was when I hit a water hazard during one of the races and sucked water into an open air box. BOOM!!! pulled three of the studs. Bike has been down on and off for 6 months and I've done everything upto welding the head to the cylinder. If the studs are tight, is the gaskit new? Are the nuts staying tight? I was told by one mechanic that there was a thicker gaskit i could get. Havent been able to find it though. Good site to ask on though. Good luck.

Chris

justin1022
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by cdevito
Justin,

I've been racing my 440 for about two years now with minimal problems. A little oil leak here and there but nothing to cry about. Now I am running a 13:1 compression and I was told from the beginning that I was going to blow the head off and have all sorts of problems. Out of all the guys I've talked to at the track, it's a miracle I haven't had problems sooner. The biggest catastophic failure was when I hit a water hazard during one of the races and sucked water into an open air box. BOOM!!! pulled three of the studs. Bike has been down on and off for 6 months and I've done everything upto welding the head to the cylinder. If the studs are tight, is the gaskit new? Are the nuts staying tight? I was told by one mechanic that there was a thicker gaskit i could get. Havent been able to find it though. Good site to ask on though. Good luck.

Chris

its not a little oil leak. its half a tank of oil in half a hour. and the head gasket is brand new! and the studs are staying tight i just had it ripped apart last night. i am positive though that i coudlt put the gasket in upside down. because then it would be sticking out around the edjes right? and its the base gasket.