PDA

View Full Version : treehugers

Flyin300ex
12-05-2002, 10:00 PM
are they any treehugers on here, thanks to u guys we wont have 2 strokes anymore ,,,,,

Flyin300ex
12-05-2002, 10:01 PM
2006 is the deadline

JUSTINcredible
12-05-2002, 10:10 PM
you are kidding arnt you:confused:

bklyn400ex
12-05-2002, 10:31 PM
i heard the same thing

Dune Surfer
12-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Tie a treehugger to the tree and shoot his a**.

JUSTINcredible
12-05-2002, 10:37 PM
or we could put all of them in a room and make the breath 2 stroke exhaust all day everyday:devil

danney f
12-06-2002, 03:18 AM
I hug a tree every once and a while, but thats usualy because I was going to fast and couldn't stop:eek:
Are they just going to quit making them or ban them period from any riding?

wheeltrax
12-06-2002, 05:22 AM
If i remember reading right they are just going to stop making them. But they are still going to be making the 2 stroke racing dirtbikes for the pros factory i guess is what i read. Tree huggers spoil all the fun dont they:rolleyes:

danney f
12-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Why is it ok for the pros to still get them but not the rest off us?

Sick0
12-06-2002, 05:58 AM
From what I heard There not banning two strokes, But There makes the very stroked emissions that would be hard to make a pass them. So Honda and the otheres companys won't bother and spend all of there R&D money on new 4strokes which will be easyer to pass the new emissions guidelines.

I've also heard they will still be making two stroke dirts for fror only race use. You could stil;l buy one, but you could only use it for racing.

2k2-300exnj
12-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sick0
I've also heard they will still be making two stroke dirts for fror only race use. You could stil;l buy one, but you could only use it for racing.

whos gonna kno if u dont race?

305exracer11
12-06-2002, 11:31 AM
that bs they wont band 2 strokes!!!

exriderdude
12-06-2002, 11:46 AM
there is no way that they can totally stop making two-strokes all together, what about chain saws and generators and stuff. And even if they do stop making them, there is no way they can stop people from riding them if they already have them

danney f
12-06-2002, 12:00 PM
I have noticed that like within the last year or two, they have been makeing 4 stroke weedeaters and chainsaws. But as usual the motor has to be twice the size so they weigh a lot more to get the same power.

Sick0
12-06-2002, 12:01 PM
These emission are going to apply to a lot of motors. Lawn mowers, weedwackers. Thats why you will be seeing alot of 4stroke motor on small engine equiment. The still will probly make two stroke motors but the emission will kill the proformance of them.

QuadTrix6
12-06-2002, 12:44 PM
:huh there crazy who cares about the envirnment 1000 years from now ill be long gone :blah jk, but i think that banning two smokes is just wrong :grr

Flyin300ex
12-06-2002, 10:58 PM
it has to be below 50cc's to be legal that what i read on another thread on here this guy had liek a whole page of stuff

Team Outlaw #34
12-06-2002, 11:06 PM
Better word for TREE HUGGER is STUMP HUMPER! :p (i forget who i heard that from)

njbudman81
12-07-2002, 12:13 AM
are they goin to switch the 2 stroke quads to 4 stroke or just discontinue the models (banshee)

JUSTINcredible
12-07-2002, 01:31 AM
im sure they would just discontinue it, could you imagine a 4 stroke shee:huh

Baley69
12-07-2002, 03:47 AM
I heard that they are going to stop production of the shee in 2006. Dont remember who I heard it from, so dont take my word.

R-Crazy
12-07-2002, 08:11 AM
actually, i heard 03 shees were the last ones in production. I think the law will be that all 2 smokes:D will be banned from PUBLIC land.

dave

racin 400
12-07-2002, 08:36 AM
I heard that last year in American motorcyclist.

TREE HUGERS NEED THERE ***"S SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by danney f
I hug a tree every once and a while, but thats usualy because I was going to fast and couldn't stop:eek:
Are they just going to quit making them or ban them period from any riding?

LMAO!:devil

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Why don't thos Fa**ets go after the people who are really causing problems, like the people who drive around for no reason! That makes me mad. I have always been a 4-stroke man but I dont want them to take away two strokes from the people who have always liked them. I say we push to get something taken away from them that they enjoy! That will show em!:devil :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

danney f
12-07-2002, 11:02 AM
I think that their just a bunch of idiots. I geuss they need to quit taking a crap too, because every time they do they polute the Earth and waste water flushing the toliet, but you don't see them doing that. How many of them do you bet drive big SUV's that waste gas and polute. I bet they smoke too, thats polution also. How about when they write all their leters complaining, thats wasteing paper and every time they write a leter a tree had to be cut down to make the paper or if they use a computer to email their stupid thoughts back and forth and to write their complaints that uses energy. The only way any of them would have a right to complain is if they lived in a cave and only ate grass, that way their crap can be recyled. We need to start complaining that our rights to own and drive one are being violated. That this is a free country and we atver's have rights also. it's the same way if you wanted to buy a car that will do over 200mph and the fastest legaly you could drive is maybe 85. it's your right to be able to own that car. I don't know, I'm complaining and I have never owned a 2 stroke (besides a weedwacker and chainsaw) I would like to some day but if they keep this up I wont be able to. Just a bunch of $#!*(*&^$ !$%&*(*^ &%#@$ %&*$#@%*!
Sorry got carried away.

Tommy 17
12-07-2002, 11:07 AM
back in like 1998 or somewhere in there honda made a 2 stroke 250cc motor that was harmless to the enviroment and passed all standards... personally i don't care if the 2-strokes goes or not... its gonna happen anyways... they dont' have all these new high tech 4 strokes out for nothing... (yzf450, yz250f, crf250, cr450f, ktm 520s, etc...) 2-strokes will most likly be a thing of the past within the next 2 years...

also i've seen prototypes of yammy yz150f which is a new 80 clase racer... mike allesi use to ride it

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by danney f
I think that their just a bunch of idiots. I geuss they need to quit taking a crap too, because every time they do they polute the Earth and waste water flushing the toliet, but you don't see them doing that. How many of them do you bet drive big SUV's that waste gas and polute. I bet they smoke too, thats polution also. How about when they write all their leters complaining, thats wasteing paper and every time they write a leter a tree had to be cut down to make the paper or if they use a computer to email their stupid thoughts back and forth and to write their complaints that uses energy. The only way any of them would have a right to complain is if they lived in a cave and only ate grass, that way their crap can be recyled. We need to start complaining that our rights to own and drive one are being violated. That this is a free country and we atver's have rights also. it's the same way if you wanted to buy a car that will do over 200mph and the fastest legaly you could drive is maybe 85. it's your right to be able to own that car. I don't know, I'm complaining and I have never owned a 2 stroke (besides a weedwacker and chainsaw) I would like to some day but if they keep this up I wont be able to. Just a bunch of $#!*(*&^$ !$%&*(*^ &%#@$ %&*$#@%*!
Sorry got carried away.

I could not agree with you more danney, great way to put it.:grr

RED121572
12-07-2002, 11:15 AM
The federal govt has made it clear that 2 strokes will be no more in 2006. The two stroke you have now will still be legal, but no manufactures will no longer produce them.

A few manufactures have already taken this into consideration. For example, last year, Honda has produced a four stroke jet ski. (Which we all saw on the cvr of dirtwheels "April fools" issue.)

As far as the future of racing technology for 2 strokes?? (2 stoke engine builders)......it could be anyones guess.

I personally believe the aftermarket companies are going to get into high gear and put there efforts towards fourstroke racing. I believe 2 strokes will still be there, but I also believe your gonna see less and less 250R motors out there as the years pass.

Any other thoughts or comments. Lets try not to make this into a bashing session fellas. LOL

njbudman81
12-07-2002, 11:18 AM
i personanally dont care if birds fall out of the sky and tree die as i past from my exhauste. i never paid attention to emissions on my car and i damn sure wont on my quad

Steve-o 400EX
12-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by njbudman81
i personanally dont care if birds fall out of the sky and tree die as i past from my exhauste. i never paid attention to emissions on my car and i damn sure wont on my quad

Same with me!

alias
12-09-2002, 10:50 AM
damn stinky hippies

Ryan
12-09-2002, 11:46 AM
None of us can really get a say in this anyway. 2-stroke engines have no affect on the world compared to all these big machines now that pollute as much as their are 2-strokes out here today. 100 banshee's pollute about as much as one city bus and I have seen a ton of them. What really is doing the damage is airplanes. Look up in the sky one day and you see a trail of smoke left behind. Like what was said before, no manufactor companies will make 2-stroke quads, snowmobiles ect but they can not stop making parts and im sure that the 250r motor will still be a crate motor.

The only time im caring about nature is when trees are being cut down, houses are being built and im loosing all my riding area. Im going up to canada! ;)

cheetah
12-09-2002, 01:45 PM
EARTH FIRST!!!

We'll mine the other planets later.:D

stupid driver
12-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Ryan88
What really is doing the damage is airplanes. Look up in the sky one day and you see a trail of smoke left behind.

i think that trail is actually just a cloud that creates after hot gasses/ vapor from the engine cool and condense. it isnt a true smoke, just more of a cloud with some exhaust in it. i do agree tho, airplanes make up for a lot more polution than people think.

Steve-o 400EX
12-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ryan88
None of us can really get a say in this anyway. 2-stroke engines have no affect on the world compared to all these big machines now that pollute as much as their are 2-strokes out here today. 100 banshee's pollute about as much as one city bus and I have seen a ton of them. What really is doing the damage is airplanes. Look up in the sky one day and you see a trail of smoke left behind. Like what was said before, no manufactor companies will make 2-stroke quads, snowmobiles ect but they can not stop making parts and im sure that the 250r motor will still be a crate motor.

The only time im caring about nature is when trees are being cut down, houses are being built and im loosing all my riding area. Im going up to canada! ;)

I'll be right behind ya!

nakomis0
12-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Arn't you guys forgeting something? ... like.. 2 strokes suck.

4 strokes have a way better powerband, more torque, less maintenence and they are getting better all the time.

2 strokes are low tech, last big break though they had in 2 stroke technology was the powervalve back in like 1980.

I won't even notice they are gone in 2006. Kill the Banshee!!!
:devil :rolleyes: :square

Lil90man!!
12-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Treehuggers, let the *******s freeze in the dark!! LOL i saw that on a bumper sticker they other day. i think its bull, i mean c'mon they ALWAYS have something to complain about, and like someone else said, **** if there that concerened sell there car and they can walk if they need to get somewhere! heck go talk to an amish man betcha he'll lettem borrow a horse, but wait they have to eat which is destroying the environment, wait they cna't eat or breathe cuz there pouluting the environment!!!!!:grr :grr :grr :grr :grr .......i feel better:macho

Steve-o 400EX
12-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
Arn't you guys forgeting something? ... like.. 2 strokes suck.

4 strokes have a way better powerband, more torque, less maintenence and they are getting better all the time.

2 strokes are low tech, last big break though they had in 2 stroke technology was the powervalve back in like 1980.

I won't even notice they are gone in 2006. Kill the Banshee!!!
:devil :rolleyes: :square

I agree, I am a 4 stroke man too, but its just the principle of them taking away part of our community.

njbudman81
12-10-2002, 10:58 AM
i say 4 stroke is better too. but if i wanted a 2 stroke i should be aloud to have one.

Crowdog
12-10-2002, 01:20 PM
http://www.crowley-offroad.com/images/Kiss_My_Axle.gif

Stickers available here (http://www.crowley-offroad.com/stickers.htm)

danney f
12-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0
Kill the Banshee!!!
:devil :rolleyes: :square [/B]

I agree with that one. I've always thought they where ugly and if they killed it, it would be just one less quad to pass.:D :devil
J/k J/K
Like I could ever come close to doing that on my 313ex:(

YardDog24
12-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Yeah, the huggers blow for sure. However, also on the top of my list are the fookin jackarses that are getting riding areas shut down because they feel the need to go around posted trail closed areas.

Crowdog
12-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by YardDog24
Yeah, the huggers blow for sure. However, also on the top of my list are the fookin jackarses that are getting riding areas shut down because they feel the need to go around posted trail closed areas.

Amen to that. Most people don't understand the intense pressure being put on our gov't to close down public land. We've got to follow the rules in order to save our riding areas. Riding in closed areas will only further the green agenda to close us out.

Here is another issue (http://www.crowley-offroad.com/reform_the_esa.htm) that needs OHV support.

Jon

toby400ex
12-10-2002, 02:14 PM
i agree also that tree huggers are a bunch o fookin jack arses, just recently my nieghbors called conservation on me and my brother for riding in some woods, landowners didnt call on us either, when the conservation biatches followed our trails the trails crossed one creek. That creek crossing had been torn to **** from bulldozers and filled with boulders just a month before. When they found my bro and i they said we had crossed a creek, they never saw us actually cross the creek. The ticket ended up being like $450, and if we hadnt takin an attorney to court it would have been 2 years probation and 25 hours community service.. As soon as i can find some stickers pissing off tree huggers im covering my quad in them. But at least i have an excuse to flip off my neighbors everytime i see them, but i wouldnt have payed $450 to get that reason. Tree huggers should eat !****! and die.:D

440exroost
12-10-2002, 05:05 PM
I love two strokes. How could they do such a horrible thing?:mad:

njbudman81
12-10-2002, 05:23 PM
2 strokes do nothing wrong, its the people that ***** about everything that do. they just want something to ***** about. doesnt matter what as long as its something.