PDA

View Full Version : Bearing carrier.

Honda4life05
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
My axle bearing have gone out 3 times in one year. I looked at my carrier an it looks ok. I have seen a twin row carrier an im thinking that would hold up better. If you kno of any cheap good carriers let me kno please.

bwamos
08-07-2008, 09:35 AM
3 sets of bearings in 1 year.

My guess is you are setting your chain a tad too tight.. and a dual row isn't going to last any longer with an overtightened chain.

How are your countershaft bearings?

Honda4life05
08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I dont think im seeting it to tight, whenever i tighten it i make sure it has 1 1/2 in. of play with the shock compressed. And i alwayz make sure the axle nut is tight. I have ordered 2 different kinds of bearings an both have failed. The worker at my local shop told me to take the seal off the bearing an grease it more, becuz i guess te factory doesnt put enough in there.

GRASSHOPPER71
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I ALSO POP THE SEAL OFF AND PACK THE BEARINGS WITH WHEEL BEARING GREASE. YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED AT HOW LITTLE GREASE THEY PUT IN THOSE BEARINGS FROM THE FACTORY.
ARE YOU BUYING AFTERMARKET BEARS OR O.E. BEARINGS. I'VE NOTICED THAT AFTERMARKET DOES'NT LAST AS LONG AS O.E. PARTS.

Honda4life05
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
The 2 first times I baught the oem bearing from honda, then i baught "all balls" bearings thinking they would last longer but had no luck.

monster300ex
08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
I am having the that too
you have a bent axle

Honda4life05
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
nope. straight as a nail

bwamos
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
You could try an aftermarket carrier and bearings.. but dont go cheap.. and don't go Durablue.

The durablue carrier is great but replacement bearings are a fortune.

I'd go with a LSR carrier either dual row or taper. Affordable prices on replacement bearings as well.

If you get one with a grease zerk.. make sure it is center carrier or facing out. Don't get a side zerk as the sprocket hub wont allow you access to it anyway.