PDA

View Full Version : another warrior problem (need fixed by weekend).....

450raider
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
okay well ive posted about purchasing a warrior and getting the tranny fixed on it which is all done now (most unprofessional place ive ever seen so im not takin it back) but, now when we start it it sits and idles fine but when you hit the gas the pipe starts making the funnniest popping noise ive ever heard its not like a sputter its like it wants to wuit but doesnt, i already checked the carb out to see if any jets were blocked but they wasnt so what else could it possibly be with detail if you dont mind) ive owned this thing for 3 months and only have like 1 hour on it and would like to get it out tis weekend....

thanks a ton for any info

450raider
08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
bump...... okay again, the popping is kinda hard to describe its not quite like a bog but more like it skips a beat or two or five when you give it gas and i just got done cleaning the pipe out so i can rule that out.... so if anyone has any leads feel free to chime in...

thanks

pro-rider46
08-06-2008, 12:15 PM
check the timing, put a new plug in, possibly replace the gas, check for loose wires...

and possibly get a video of it.

xtullyx16
08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
check the timing, put a new plug in, possibly replace the gas, check for loose wires...

and possibly get a video of it.

Thats what i would do!

450raider
08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
alright thank you ive done all that and the only thing i can narrow it down to (i can all but confirm) is the timing so ill google and search the forums aroundhere for info on that, people do it all the time so it cant be too hard.....can it

450raider
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
sheesh theres nothing on the 350cc forums and when i google it it thinks im talking about those friggin warrior motorcycles that yamaha makes (or made whichever) so can someone push me in the right direction, sort of speak...

pro-rider46
08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
ill help you out, i have done timing on a 350, there is a timing hole on the left side case(black plug) unscrew it and you will see the flywheel, rotate the rear wheels while in gear, and you will see a mark on the flywheel, line it up with the slot of the threads of the timing hole, then pull the cover on the left side of the head off, and see if the cam sprocket lines up with the line in the head.
if it isnt lined up. then you need to tear into it a little farther. but check it and report back here...

RaptorRacer45
08-06-2008, 07:59 PM
If the Parking Brake is removed, make sure the limiter is bypassed

450raider
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
ill help you out, i have done timing on a 350, there is a timing hole on the left side case(black plug) unscrew it and you will see the flywheel, rotate the rear wheels while in gear, and you will see a mark on the flywheel, line it up with the slot of the threads of the timing hole, then pull the cover on the left side of the head off, and see if the cam sprocket lines up with the line in the head.
if it isnt lined up. then you need to tear into it a little farther. but check it and report back here...

okay so far i got the T in the hole and on the cam sprocket i saw the line on it (it was almost all the way down) but never found the "indicator" line in the head, but if its the one that sticks out on top of the hole, and if im supposed to match those two then its way off..... if im close then what?

ZeroLogic
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
okay so far i got the T in the hole and on the cam sprocket i saw the line on it (it was almost all the way down) but never found the "indicator" line in the head, but if its the one that sticks out on top of the hole, and if im supposed to match those two then its way off..... if im close then what?

Did you pull the screw so you can look inside to the fly wheel? Did you find the lines on the cam sprocket?

450raider
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
okay thanks everybody!! i got it running and boy is it smooth, i just found some timing stuff on another site and got it, but everyones help was essential to that do thanks again...prorider if you lived near me id shake your hand lol....

pro-rider46
08-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
okay thanks everybody!! i got it running and boy is it smooth, i just found some timing stuff on another site and got it, but everyones help was essential to that do thanks again...prorider if you lived near me id shake your hand lol....

haha, thanks man.