PDA

View Full Version : Another A-Arm question

tahoe97
11-09-2001, 10:27 PM
I was wondering if the houser a-arms would make my bike be able more stable during jumping or would it break them just like it did these until i get me some better shocks.. I mean my hardest jump bent of the a-arms after like 50 jumps..
So its not like i am giving it to much he**

LOL
also could i get the +1 a-arms and keep my stock shocks and not have to extend my break lines?? also would the +1 make the bike sit lower to the ground??

stocktires
11-09-2001, 11:35 PM
with stock shocks it will make it sit lower and your stock shocks will feel twice as soft as they did before!!! I'm unsure about the brake lines though it seems like the 400 would have enough slack to do it, but steel-braided lines are AWESOME!

tahoe97
11-10-2001, 02:26 AM
I know everyone asks this question but for hard mx riding and jumping should the front shocks have the pre-load all of the way up or down... which is better for the shock and might give you a little more out of them???

stocktires
11-10-2001, 09:26 AM
I dont think you get any more TRAVEL out of them by adjusting PRELOAD. PRELOAD is stiffness, and travel is bottoming resistance, i think

trx400ex
11-10-2001, 03:20 PM
tracel has nothing to do with bottoming resistance, there is a way to get the travel on any shock at www.customaxisshocks.com ....somewhere...preload is adjusted to affect ride height , though it stiffens the spring to, i have plus 2 with stock shocks, and i cant jump it untill i get the frame reinforced and new shocks, first the frame broke , then i got it welde then i snapped the weld,,,,to give you some idea of how soft theyll beill tell you this, today i was going at this hill that wasnt really steep and when i hit it the shocks bottomed bad and my frame seperated again

11-13-2001, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by tahoe97
I was wondering if the houser a-arms would make my bike be able more stable during jumping or would it break them just like it did these until i get me some better shocks.. I mean my hardest jump bent of the a-arms after like 50 jumps..
So its not like i am giving it to much he**

LOL
also could i get the +1 a-arms and keep my stock shocks and not have to extend my break lines?? also would the +1 make the bike sit lower to the ground??

Your not going to break the houser arms for one. but without a better set of shocks the ride won't be worth a crap.

I put the plus 1 houser arms on mine and left the shocks alone,,but I do have works triple rates.

And you won't need longer brake lines,,I didn't,,,you can put plus 2 inch arms on and still use stock brake lines. And yes the bike will sit a little closer to the ground.

Send me a PM if you have more questions,,with this setup.:D

400exRacerX
11-13-2001, 08:26 PM
Rico, Really you can get away with using the stock brake lines on +2 a arms?

11-14-2001, 07:46 AM
You can use stock brake lines on +2 A-arms,,,,but NOT on +2Wide and +1 forward,, only on arms that are wider not wider and forward,,I know cuz chris29 has stock brake lines on his +2 houser arms...and stock lines on his houser +1 1/4 swingarm. As long as your arms aren't pushed forward any you'll be fine..promise.:D

400exRacerX
11-14-2001, 01:16 PM
Wow, you learn something new everyday, That saved me 100$ thanks man.

11-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Please forward $50 of that to me for the help thanks,,,make checks payable to Ricos fowheela fund...:D glad I could help.