PDA

View Full Version : lowering kit or wheel spacers?

dirkdiglar
08-05-2008, 08:24 AM
i have a 05 brute 750 which i think is an awesome machine. the only thing i dont like is the tippy feeling i get when trail riding. i do alot of trail riding and crick bed riding which does have some mud holes. i have read the reviews on the lowering kit which seems great but some people say you lose the ground clearance which seems to be a problem in a crick bed. would wheel spacers be a good buy to give a better center of gravity or should i go with the lowering kit?? any information would be great.. thanks

RTJ
08-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I'VE HEARD 14" WHEELS MAKE FOR A LOT STEADIER RIDE. IF I USED WHEEL SPACERS I WOULDN'T GO TO WIDE. JUST MY .02

mkbruteforce
08-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Here are my two cents. A lowering kit will no doubt help the tipsy feeling and give you better control on the trails. Are you running a stock suspension? What about rims and tires?

All of these things will make your quad run a ton better. I myself have to 2007 SRA 650, have now lowering kit, but run on a Elka elite rear shock/ITP ATR Hole shot tires, ELKA front springs and Works AT Steel Struts. NIGHT AND DAY I tell you. No more nose diving into the corners and a ton less of that tipsy feeling..

Here is a link to some pictures of a lowering kit and a POC from Kawie riders if your interested.

Good luck.

MK

Got some for sale for $160.00 plus shipping if you want one I accept pay-pal at dratledge1@yahoo.com Thanks DRAT

http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum/photo/193587.jpg