PDA

View Full Version : New Riding Boot Breakin Procedure?

DReese
12-05-2002, 07:50 PM
What's a good way to break a new set in? I have tried to wear them around the house, but they are like Plywood! Very hard to shift, etc:
Thanks.

AtvMxRider
12-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Stand in some water. Just keep wearing them around they will get better.

12-06-2002, 06:09 PM
first riding in boots u will hate them. they feel real stiff and wierd u miss shifts sometimes and u need to move the shifter up one notch. best way to break them in and get used to them is just riding. o yea dont walk around ur house with them. i did that and the steel toe tip scratched up my wooden floors:eek:

OutlawEX
12-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Just walk in them and ride with them and they will get broke in

4TraxRider
12-06-2002, 08:36 PM
wear them down to the mall once or twice, and pretend they are your shoes for a while. The'll get there eventually.

R-Crazy
12-06-2002, 08:39 PM
put some protection over the steel toe (or take it off temporarily) and walk and ride in them as much as possible.

dave

tprender
12-07-2002, 05:59 AM
The only way that the boots will soften up is to get the wet and then ride or walk. You can try some of the waterproofing paste or leather treatments, but the boots need to get wet. This time of year getting them wet is hard on the feet(cold),

QuadTrix6
12-09-2002, 01:19 PM
just ride hard in them, trust me they will break in nice :devil

knighttime
12-10-2002, 01:41 PM
I had a set of new boots at the first hatfield mccoy exrider trailride, when i say new i mean it cause it was their first ride, they got completely soaked right away and were completely broken in midway thru the ride. It was amazing. Another idea would be to walk in a creek with them or soak them in a big bucket of water, then walk around with them on. It will work. :D

toby400ex
12-10-2002, 09:02 PM
yeah, my boots are banned from entering the house, they but i hole in the floor. It really matters what kinda boots you got, wheni woar my oneals, they never felt good, but i love my alpinestars, they are better cuz they have a brace imside so that the rest of the boot is really flexible.

MOUSE
12-12-2002, 11:58 AM
i just got my new oneal boots (hardware) and i love them i wore mine around for a while and rode in them as much as i could and they broke in real nice. i would set mine on the heater vent let them get hot then walk around in them for a while.