PDA

View Full Version : swingarm and motor spacing crf450rhybrid

crf450rhybrid
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey guys, looking for some information on the adjustments on the spacers for the swingarm. Witch side do I cut to get the motor more to the left to get the sprokets to line up? Even if I cut the left spacer all the way to the swingarm it dosent look like it will be enough for a true alignment. Do I need a custom swingarm for this? Thanks and all help is greatly app.

crf450rhybrid
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
ttt

ss440ex
08-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Is this going in to a 400ex frame?
You must machine material from the inboard side of the L/H swing arm rail (sprocket side).
This will allow the engine to sit towards the left.

A spacer must then be made for the other side...with the added material that was removed from the left.

I have done one years ago and don`t recall how much was removed.
Also do a search...some one had a good detailed write up on doing this.
Sprocket alignment is the main starting point!

Good luck.

crf450rhybrid
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah that makes perfect sense, although I had my swing arm powder coated already and my new bearings already pressed in.:ermm: so this is the only option? I was thinking of buying my buddy's extended swing arm that he had custom made witch might be a better idea. His swing arm has a tube going all the way across. It was made for a 04 750 gar-r Suzuki crotch rocket motor and there is no rear mount on that motor that's why there is a tube going all the way across. Thanks for the help!

WeTDrEaM
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I think you should buy that guys arm too!!

leprogle85
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Rather than machining an axle and swingarm, aren't the 450r swingarms, slightly narrower, and possibly cheaper to pick up, than having maching done.
Not sure if the 450r swingarm bolts right on, but is probably close.
Just a thought....