PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

joeyds450x
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
looking 4 a pipe not sure what to get? looking for something not so expensive and very loud, and lower end hp. anybody have any ssuggestions for me? thanks

Hmf Ds450
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
lol sweet i had the same wants i want bottem end power that was loud and sounded awsome, the hmf Bill Ballance pro series is only like 269$ and its made to give bottem end power and it comes with a torque range modifier to do so, its so loud at my cabin the whole community called the cops on me, i would buy it at atv galaxy or hmf engineering it looks sweet with yellow canister and black vector tip

joeyds450x
08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
thanks ill have to look into that, all i have done to mine is the pink wire cut, lid off and no spark arrestor and wow that really made a difference compared to stock but still isnt loud enough

Hmf Ds450
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
ya same but taking the lid off is not always a safe idea i would get a hihg flow air filter like velocity to substitute for the air lid, but i just cut the wire today i could barley get the plastic off well i didn't actualy i had to shuv scissors up something to get to cut, and wat difference did the wire make the power?

joeyds450x
08-04-2008, 10:25 PM
ya it was hard to get up ther 4 me to, i couldnt believe how much of a difference it was i reved it up dumped the clutch and stood it up in 1st second and third gear till it finnally set down in fourth

Hmf Ds450
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
so it was a big differnce, cause i only had 1 minute to test it out

joeyds450x
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
ya youll be able to tell a difference if the lid is off, well i can because i still have the stock pipe

mebcop
08-08-2008, 07:33 AM
i highly recomend the motoworks pipe. it won't be the loudest but it is awesome. dont get me wrong its not quiet by any means. it sounds great looks great and does a ton for the quad. its soo much easier to ride now.

TheNewn
08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Why would you want a pipe so loud the community calls the cops on you when you fire it up? Way to make us all look bad.

joeyds450x
08-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by TheNewn
Why would you want a pipe so loud the community calls the cops on you when you fire it up? Way to make us all look bad.

because it sounds good, louder the better

ride_red666
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
why would u take the spark arrestor out? your jus hurting the motor. it has less back pressure and is bad on the valves. i know it dont run too good either. i got the hmf full exhaust, pink wire cut and lid off and it makes a BIG difference. lots more torque. to get at the pink wire just take all the fender bolts out and its alot easier to take the headlights off first. the front fenders come out as one big peice.

joeyds450x
08-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by ride_red666
why would u take the spark arrestor out? your jus hurting the motor. it has less back pressure and is bad on the valves. i know it dont run too good either. i got the hmf full exhaust, pink wire cut and lid off and it makes a BIG difference. lots more torque. to get at the pink wire just take all the fender bolts out and its alot easier to take the headlights off first. the front fenders come out as one big peice.

i have the pink wire cut already, i know the difference it makes, im just waitin to get the money 4 a pipe, and it runs pretty good with it out, its just a little bit louder it dosent even backfire and pop alot

ride_red666
08-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
i have the pink wire cut already, i know the difference it makes, im just waitin to get the money 4 a pipe, and it runs pretty good with it out, its just a little bit louder it dosent even backfire and pop alot

i jus dont beleive you, ive worked on a few ds450s that had the spark arrestor out and the customer wants to know why it dont run as well. ive tried everythin includin hookin it up to the computer the best solution is put the spark arrestor back in. your motor will jus last longer.

joeyds450x
08-14-2008, 10:47 AM
i jus dont beleive you, ive worked on a few ds450s that had the spark arrestor out and the customer wants to know why it dont run as well. ive tried everythin includin hookin it up to the computer the best solution is put the spark arrestor back in. your motor will jus last longer.

it dosent backfire un less you rev the crap out of it

jlrenken
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
if u want the best bang for your buck i would deffenity get the rossier full exhaust and cold air intake and filter. reason for that is the secondary map that is on the can am when u cut the pink wire was designed just for the rossier set up. rossier worked with can am to develop that map. soo u dont need to buy any power commander or fuel controler of any sort unless you decide to get motor work done. so u can save yourself a few bucks with this setup.

TheNewn
08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I find that pretty hard to believe...

african rider
08-15-2008, 03:35 AM
for combination of loudness (very loud!) and high performance....go with the RON WOOD full system, it is amazing and you want regret :devil:

i will post some pictures of it this weekend.

bwamos
08-15-2008, 09:03 AM
it has less back pressure and is bad on the valves.

FYI: that's false. Dunno where that common misconception came from.

Backpressure has no effect on the valves. If it's incorectly jetted it will run lean and the extra superheated unburnt O2 will find something to oxidize with (aka burn) and that's usually the head surface, piston surface, and the valves and valve seats.

Has nothing to do with backpressure. Removing a silencer or spark arrestor will reduce backpressure. Removing a silencer or spark arrestor without rejetting properly can cause you to burn up your valves, but the packpressure and lean conditions are seperate conditions. If you richen it up you are no longer lean.. but you still have the reduced backpressure, and your valves are not going to burn up.

african rider
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
as promised, pic of roon wood exhaust on my bike:

BTwrestle04
08-15-2008, 10:38 AM
When is Dasa going to make an exhaust for the DS450? Anyone know?

BenIL
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by african rider

My friend,
Look sick, as mine ;).

joeyds450x
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM

hey african rider how loud is that exhaust?? how much did it cost

african rider
08-15-2008, 11:52 AM
hey african rider how loud is that exhaust?? how much did it cost

i had HMF slipon and it so quiet compare to that one.

i bought it from epic's dealer in israel but you can buy it online on there website for 474$ (full system).

african rider
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BenIL
My friend,
Look sick, as mine ;).

thx man :D

joeyds450x
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM
i had HMF slipon and it so quiet compare to that one.

i bought it from epic's dealer in israel but you can buy it online on there website for 474$ (full system).

which is louder the ron wood or the hmf?? thanks

african rider
08-16-2008, 02:19 AM
which is louder the ron wood or the hmf?? thanks

roon wood louder

ride_red666
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM
ron wood is too loud. its pretty much a hollow can. the hmf will give you more bottom end

BenIL
08-19-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't think the Ron Wood is too loud, you know, you buy exhaust for power and sound. The sound of the Ron Wood is louder than the HMF, and look scary and more exotic, that's why I like it. Most of my friends running HMF's, I don't like it and the price I got for Ron Wood full system is cheaper than HMF.

ride_red666
08-19-2008, 10:47 PM
people call the cops on me cause my exhaust is too loud but i hav not heard the ron wood on a ds only on the renegades

BenIL
08-20-2008, 03:22 AM
I put 2 vids on Youtube, I don't press the gas lever over there and it's very very loud, in the first video I say somthing, and barely can be heard.

BTwrestle04
08-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Ride Red, what HMF Series are you running? Sport, Ballance, Ironman? And how do you like your HMF setup?

ride_red666
08-20-2008, 09:49 PM
it is the sport. i love it it is awesome. big difference in power.