PDA

View Full Version : Legalize Atv on Pa roads!!!

Got4wd?
08-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Sign it if you haven't! Thanks if you did! Even if your not from Pa. Let's pass 1000!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-atvs-street-legal-in-pennsylvania-2-wheel-motorcycles-legal-why-not-4-wheel-atvs

jcv400ex
08-04-2008, 07:54 PM
:rolleyes: :tired: :ermm:

coryatver
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I would love to have a legalized atv for the road. It would be possible if they could let only responsible people with common sense do it. But there are to many idiots.

pro-rider46
08-04-2008, 08:02 PM
i signed, come on people, please sign the petition...

pro-rider46
08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
this may help our sport get a better name, because they wont look as stupid when people see them going up the road.

ZeroLogic
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
You got a better chance of seeing God my friend.

Hondamaster5505
08-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
You got a better chance of seeing God my friend.

In WV it's allowed. Why not PA.

I signed it. Why not? Whats the worse that could happen, they say no? It's worth a shot, all it can do will help if anything,

JJs450r
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
I would love to have a legalized atv for the road. It would be possible if they could let only responsible people with common sense do it. But there are to many idiots.

idiots drive cars trucks vans bike everything what would be the difference in adding atvs, i signed

coryatver
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
idiots drive cars trucks vans bike everything what would be the difference in adding atvs, i signed

there is a HUGE difference! Maybe not to us but to the general public.

Car accidents are accepted as a part of life. No one blames the car. Motorcycle accidents are accepted. The motorcycle rider just must have been going to fast. ATV accidents oh my god those things are evil. they are kid killers. The guy was drunk not wearing a helmet but the ATV is at fault they have a horrible design flaw that makes them roll over. they must be stopped :mad: Get my point? That is pretty much how it goes.

400ex28
08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
there is a HUGE difference! Maybe not to us but to the general public.

Car accidents are accepted as a part of life. No one blames the car. Motorcycle accidents are accepted. The motorcycle rider just must have been going to fast. ATV accidents oh my god those things are evil. they are kid killers. The guy was drunk not wearing a helmet but the ATV is at fault they have a horrible design flaw that makes them roll over. they must be stopped :mad: Get my point? That is pretty much how it goes.

Well said!

cannibal67
08-05-2008, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
[B]In WV it's allowed. Why not PA.

Where in Wv is it allowed, I live here and never heard of this just getting stricter around here it seems. It would be sweet though.

represent618
08-05-2008, 06:45 AM
This is my opinion: DUMB IDEA!!

They should never be allowed on the roads. Accident after accident waiting to happen.

Hondamaster5505
08-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by cannibal67
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
[B]In WV it's allowed. Why not PA.

Where in Wv is it allowed, I live here and never heard of this just getting stricter around here it seems. It would be sweet though.

sorry, didn't specify.

Gilbert, WV allows it. Right around the hatefield mccoy trails and such.

ZeroLogic
08-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by represent618
This is my opinion: DUMB IDEA!!

They should never be allowed on the roads. Accident after accident waiting to happen.

Werd, they are off road not on roads.

RaptorRacer45
08-05-2008, 10:37 AM
I signed it and gave my input none the less

beaker1214
08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
in towns in colorado you can Ive seen them driving with plates

pro-rider46
08-06-2008, 10:09 AM
bump

ALAMX37
08-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Fatalities waiting to happen. But I'm all for thinning the herd, I signed for you.

XXX -rider
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
^:rolleyes:

ZeroLogic
08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Fatalities waiting to happen. But I'm all for thinning the herd, I signed for you.

Lmao.:p

jcv400ex
08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Lmao.:p

Yeah, problem is then we have to pay for them when they wreck and are on live support....just like retards on streetbikes not wearing helmets....

GRASSHOPPER71
08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I'D LIKE TO SEE IT PASS AND ALSO DO AWAY WITH THE HELMET LAW FOR STREET BIKES.

ZeroLogic
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Yeah, problem is then we have to pay for them when they wreck and are on live support....just like retards on streetbikes not wearing helmets....

I passed some dude on a street bike today, no shirt, no helmet.:o

jcv400ex
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I passed some dude on a street bike today, no shirt, no helmet.:o

Yep. I ride a 600 Katana. I have boots on, jeans, gloves, riding jacket and helmet....but I'm the azzhole on a bike....guys on Harley's with no helmets on just stare at me when I wave....unreal.

trx310R#24
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
this will piss off all the stuck up *******s on my street lol

trx310R#24
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
is it safer jumping a 115ft. table ttop or driving on the road?

pro-rider46
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Yep. I ride a 600 Katana. I have boots on, jeans, gloves, riding jacket and helmet....but I'm the azzhole on a bike....guys on Harley's with no helmets on just stare at me when I wave....unreal.

yeah, most of the harley riders act like a bunch of hard @$$es around street bikes. my brother was at a bar the other night and there was a guy talking shizz on crotch rockets, and he kept looking at my bro and just asking to start something with him. but my brother was the better man, and walked away.

ikas
08-08-2008, 06:48 AM
here in sweden you can quad/atv on the road whit only a car driving lisens if you should make it in CA make a special licens cuz its many death calls here of idots that can drive going full gas in a corner and not leaning at the side !

Got4wd?
08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Got4wd?
Sign it if you haven't! Thanks if you did! Even if your not from Pa. Let's pass 1000!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-atvs-street-legal-in-pennsylvania-2-wheel-motorcycles-legal-why-not-4-wheel-atvs

mudrunner35
08-09-2008, 09:55 PM
lots of good people down there, but there are also the "rednecks" that have no brains and act like mice in a microwave

crazy_jeremy
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
this is a really good thread..
i think driving quads on public roads should be legalized.. but only the responsible riders should.. i also think if it is legalized there should be a license to ride on public roads, because if you get seriosly hurt you dont want to have a fine ontop of your hospital bill.. but it is a real battle to make it legal.. i hope the petition helps us out so we can have more places to ride.

good luck;)

deathman53
08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I think its a good idea, but as others said, accidents will happen and the atv gets blamed. Riding in the woods, I have seen probably half of the atv/dirtbike riders not wearing helmets, boots or safety equipment at all and riding stupid. Now this will be the same group that will be on the street?? Good idea, however I think it will backfire, big time. I have ridden with people that their idea of getting ready to ride is, smoke a joint, drink a beer, smoke another joint, another beer or 2, then ready to ride. Is this the same people you want to legally be allowed on the street???? I certainly wouldn't.

LT250_JOE
08-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Signed and supported!

Got4wd?
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by LT250_JOE
Signed and supported!

Thanks! Let fellow rider's know, or hell, everyone! I live two miles from my work, I wouldn't need gas for weeks! Beats driving that 11 mpg Toy around.

Honda TRX250ex
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
is it safer jumping a 115ft. table ttop or driving on the road?
Dont really see to many people on quads hitting a 115ft jump but they are in full protection and its completely differnt subject.

Got4wd?
08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Werd, they are off road not on roads.

Then why do they make street tires?!

Got4wd?
08-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37

Lol.... Yea! Thanks for helping.

REDRIDDER
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
They allow crotch rockets,loud aXX Harley's,enduros,trikes,supermoto bikes,mopeds,scooters,now why the hell not an ATV? Can someone representing our states tell me why? You can convert any quad to be street legal just like you would an off road bike, and also get dot approved tires.It can be inspected,pulled over,in an accident,broken down on the side of the road and can be parked in a parking lot or a garage just like any other thing i have listed above. WTF....I DEMAND AN ANSWER FORM MY STATE LEGISLATIVE. YOU TELL ME WHY I CANT ENJOY MY QUAD ON THE PUBLIC ROAD BUT THAT LOUD AXX HARLEY CAN ,WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BESIDES TWO MORE WHEELS! MAYBE THEY SHOULD LOOK AT IT THIS WAY THEY WOULD PROFIT FROM THE SALES OF INSPECTION STICKERS AND SORT.I HAVENT HEARD ONE GOOD REASON YET, WHY NOT? CAUSE THEIR ISNT ONE.IM DONE HERE LOL...SINGED.....

deathman53
08-14-2008, 05:20 AM
I can easily think of one thing and almost an legeslative will say also, rear differential for the rear axle(like all on-road vehicles 3 & 4 wheels have) that make turning much better without pulling to one side or the other. Have you ever ridden a quad on the street??? I do not think they make dot approved tires either, yes, tires for tt and supermoto, those aren't dot. I would like to see it happen for area's with alot of riding around it and atv's stay on the shoulder at a max speed of ~30 mph, like some town in colorodo and arizona do. However the whole state?? local roads yes, not rt. 81, 78, 80 and of the like that cars are moving at 70-80 mph. Most quads can't go 70-80 mph(w/o revving the lungs out of them) and forget stabilily, the slightest thing will have you flipping over. If this does come to the legislative, lights, directionials, rear differential, dot tires, horn, maybe even metal gas tanks will be wanted. Thats alot of weight to add and the differential is bad for off-road riding, atleast for sport quads.

REDRIDDER
08-14-2008, 11:05 AM
deathman53
I have no problem driving on the road and for the road you can always gear a quad.They could start making dot approved ATV tire why not they do for Enduro's.

deathman53
08-14-2008, 04:24 PM
I have those tires on my dirtbikes, dot rated. Lot of enduro riders don't use those tires anyway, real dirt tires are much better. If they did make dot approved tires for atv's, my choice would be 18" anyway, the lower to ground, better stability. Like I stated before, I would like to see it happen, but problems will erupt and the bad apples will make everybody look bad and thus, law will get repealed. I can see it working for the responsible, safe riders, but the others riding w/o helmet, speeding, wheelies, reckless riding, wrong side of the street will ruin it for everybody else. This is why I didn't sign it, I just don't see it happening. Re-read my first post and those I described will be the ones that will make everybody seam bad.

Where I used to ride we had to go down a short section of road, to a dirt road and into the woods. For awhile the people didn't care about atv's on the street, as they were quiet, slow and respectfull. I always rode my trike across the street and pushed it down the short section of road, got waved to be people. One day came out of the dirt road and there was a cop. Because of other issues I couldn't shut the bike off(kicker flew off), put it in neutral and pushed it down the street. The cop stopped me, I explained why I couldn't kill the bike. He told me that the only reason he is there is because the people were complaining about atv's riding recklessly and lots of noise. I wasn't one of the people he was targeting(cops were told not to bother to guy on the trike, is always quiet and respectful. The only reason he had to stop me, was because the bike was running. Now lets take those same people, but now atv's are allowed on the street, doing the same thing and lets see how long atv's on the street last. Most people can't care about atv/dirtbikes if they can't hear them, see them, or don't have an encounter with them doing stupid/did respectful stuff. People don't like stupid things being done.

450rmxRacer
08-16-2008, 02:25 PM
i signed it up !! if they quit making 3 wheelers a few years back for poor design n people getting hurt on them, then why did they make the trike, n make it street legal ?? quads should be aloowed, everything else is..

Got4wd?
08-25-2008, 08:02 PM

90cc DAD
10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
ATV are alot safer then Trikes!!
But I see another trike built backwards from Can-Am and
it is street legal. What is the diffrence between three
and 4 wheels on a motorcycle??

Drewltr450
10-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I dont get it you can buy a 1300cc hayabusa from your dealer and same day got 200mph down the highway with a stock bike. yet most people out there who would legalize a quad i would guess would be a 450. wich makes not even half the power even a gsxr1000 makes. Doesnt make any sence to me.

Ripitupfilms
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I HATE GOons. go away

Ripitupfilms
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I HATE GOons. go away

Got4wd?
10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
I HATE GOons. go away

I hate stupid people too, but I don't ***** about it!

Ripitupfilms
10-19-2008, 10:52 PM
I hate stupid people too, but I don't ***** about it!

please make yourself look dumber. before this thread is locked

Mxjunkie
10-19-2008, 10:59 PM
take a chill pill.. it's only the internet.... :chinese: