PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunters!! Are you ready for it?

redlineranger
08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Ever since it got hot outside(which is march in Alabama), i've had nothing on my mind but it turning cold and goin huntin.

I've had the feed, mineral licks, and other what nots goin ever since the day season went out here, and the deer are movin. Spooked a spike today and he came back later with another buck but i was inside and dad said he couldnt get a look at him.

Bow Season starts here October 15th and I absolutely cannot wait.

Pappy
08-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I feel your pain:devil:

Put the deer cam out tonight, and Cody and Ryan went riding right before dark and Cody said a big buck almost took Ryan out:p He said 3 good bucks were at one of my feeders and several other deer were seen so thats a good sign.

Ryan pulled over to watch Cody and a doe and fawn fed right up to within 3 or 4 feet of him and the quad. Cody said when he pulled up it scared the crap out of him because he did not see the deer until he took of his helmet but they never moved, just kept eating:p

Tilled up some ground sunday for more food plots for fall and winter, I will plant them in a few weeks.

New deer rifle will get sighted in in teh next few days, new bow sight is ordered(went with a Meuller holo type sight, my eyes are crap anymore so hopefully it will help)

I have to post one side of my land now as well due to some scrungy looking perp who is living in a house down the road now....claims he hunts where he likes:ermm: Im sure he wont like me when I give him a welcome arrow at his feet:chinese:

Maryland season starts around the 15th of Sept, ours here is middle of Oct for bow so we wont be waiting much longer.

I really want to kill a Bear this year and would love a few hunts out of state(big hint to anyone who wants a hunting buddy for a day or so!)

Hondaexboy
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
i cant wait to go huntin this year. we just bought a 200 acre farm up in north eastern missouri border, great hunting there!

jesseweaver
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
come up to PA to hunt. in northern PA theres good bear hunting, id like to go this year if i can get off work.

ohsobad_chevy
08-05-2008, 05:23 PM
To heck with the deer, I am ready to shoot some quackers!!! :p

sideways
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
the season is approaching fast!! got my application for doe permit in maine submitted.
i have all my licenses already, bow is sighted in and target shooting daily. rifle is all set, new scopes on both, (reddot on one, gameseeker on the other).
food plots will be planted in 2 weeks. (looking for some advice on plots if you have some, this is my first year planting them)
game camera's are out, and i have some nice picturres of different huge bucks, 11 or 12 pointer, 11 pointer, and a 8 pointer. a bunch of little guys running around right now (spikes or 4 pointers)

but for now i am waiting for my new shotgun so i can get some ducks

Quad18star
08-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Pappy ... you wanna bear hunt , I can show you a bear hunt. We've got more damn bears than you can shake a stick at. Could also show you some walleye techniques .... fishing should be starting to get good towards the end of the month.

I'm not a deer hunter ..... was never my idea of fun to sit in a tree stand for 8 hours while it's snowing and I'm freezing my butt off. Rifle season for deer for us is only 1 week long and runs mid November. Brrrrrr!!!!!!:ermm: