PDA

View Full Version : Whats this banshee worth?

PolarisRider
08-04-2008, 05:33 PM
The guy im talking to has an 1987 Banshee with the following mods-

-Full FMF Pipes
-Professional Port an Polish
-1996 RZ350 Complete bottom end
-Rebuilt top end
-Aftermarket J-arms
-DG Bumper
-Nerf Bars
-Good tires and wheels
-Air Filter
-Renthal bars
-Gripper seat
-Tether kill switch
-Twist throttle
-Good condition plastic

EDIT: Called the guy and got more mods
-Wiseco Pro Lite Piston
-Vetos degree key
-White Bros boost bottle
-The FMF's are SST's
-Air Filter is UNI
-Nerfs are DG
-DG grab bar
-Boyesen reeds
-Seat cover is DMP
-Shaved head
-Barnett clutch
-Razr fronts on douglas
-Kenda Gecko rear sand tires on stock
-Year 2000 banshee shocks
-Stock crank, bore, and cylender
-The bottom end is actually Rz350 GEARS in a banshee bottom end

I can vouch that it runs strong :macho

Whats it worth?

Hondamaster5505
08-04-2008, 05:35 PM
pics?

If you were out west, you could probably get close to $3500. Out here in PA, it seems like only a select few, like myself, have banshee's.

If you're by the coal region, maybe $2500. In NEPA, maybe $2000.

PolarisRider
08-04-2008, 05:44 PM
No I didnt get pics.

Im in the Northwest part by the coal mines.

Im just making just that the 2000 he wants for it isnt a rip off.

He wont go lower.

NickG5755
08-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Find out who did the motorwork. And you can find nicer banshees unmolested for around the same price.

PolarisRider
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by NickG5755
Find out who did the motorwork. And you can find nicer banshees unmolested for around the same price.

He did everything but the port and polish. I know the guy and he rebuilt my friends 250x motor from parts in a box. Building motors is his side job.

NickG5755
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Sounds liek a nice uad , the RZ gears probably gear it extremely high. but the j arms would scare me away. you can pick up a nice rolling Jarm chassis with plastics for 500 bucks. I know becasue ive done it.

that leaves 1500 to build a sick motor.

PolarisRider
08-06-2008, 12:52 PM
The aftermarket J-arms are really thick and sturdy. They dont scare me. Mostly because im not going to jump it higher than 3 ft

Hondamaster5505
08-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by NickG5755
Sounds liek a nice uad , the RZ gears probably gear it extremely high. but the j arms would scare me away. you can pick up a nice rolling Jarm chassis with plastics for 500 bucks. I know becasue ive done it.

that leaves 1500 to build a sick motor.

well, thats you. If you go on the banshee site and to people who like banshee's, the j-arms dont scare them at all. They aren;t that bad.

PolarisRider
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
well, thats you. If you go on the banshee site and to people who like banshee's, the j-arms dont scare them at all. They aren;t that bad.

Exactly. They're obviously something wrong with them since Yamaha changed them, but im pretty sure their just not goin to snap on me. Few bushing here and there, but hey, who cares? This thing is already fast as it is, I dont need to put 1500 in a motor hahah. We'll see either tomorrow or friday if I get it.