PDA

View Full Version : ATV's at X games

ronnoc47
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I just read over at the RacerX.com website that at the X games in Dubai, Dec. 11-13 2008, They will be having an ATV enduro class.
I was hoping for ATV/ FMX. But this is a good start.

8my_Cash
08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
qFMX is most likely going to be far away...this is because the x games committe said that quad/atvs do not have a big enough market share in action sports.

but the way qFMX has been progressing and how racing is becoming more publicly known with more people being invovled in both its only a matter of time

08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
i dont see qfmx being in xgames for a long time. but i see quad motocross being in in the near future. they wouldnt have to do anything special like they would for quad fmx with wider ramps and what not. they could just run the same track.

csr250r
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I would love to see quad motocross and either tt or supermoto... i definatly think that qfmx is a ways off. I think that 7 man paintball speedball would be sweet for x games.

coryatver
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
To bad it is going to be on the other side of the world in the Middle East at Dubai, UAE .:huh Thats a long way to ship a quad.

Competitions will include Skateboard and BMX Street, Skateboard and BMX SuperPark, Moto X Racing, Freestyle and SuperMoto, along with a new X Games event that is well known in Dubai –ATV Enduro. The Dubai X Games World Cup will also feature local instructional clinics by professional athletes and regional qualifying events for specific sports.

“The partnership between ESPN and DEMC reiterates the phenomenal growth of Dubai as a leading event location and the continued growth of action sports in the region,” said Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai his Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktour. “Dubai X Games will be bigger, better and richer than any other event in action sports.”

I wonder if his Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktou is going to race?:blah:

http://www.racerxill.com/breakingnews/article/6029/espn-x-games-to-host-worlds-richest-multi-action-sports-event.aspx

flyin#5
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
The way its going quad freestyle is going to be a while...

We need more riders out there to push others, and we need more teams... and more teams that give support to up and coming riders.

i could however see a quad or two thrown in with the bikes for best trick..... body varials are quad freestyle's future, its where we have the advantage:devil:

HtFoxChick
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
dk......seeing the RETARDED car races, jumping......that looks safe or even interesting???? I mean seriously? I lost respect for Xgames. Travis seems to call the shots...I'm REALLY losing interest. Even if they were interested is quads? Seriously, have to think about about it.:(

gojk
08-04-2008, 11:34 PM
I think the Rally Cars were the funnest event to watch this year.

I can't believe they added a best whip contest for the dirt bikes. That was a boring event.

They could have added quad supermoto instead, or even a qFMX best trick contest.

85and93
08-05-2008, 01:42 AM
well xgames will do pretty much whatever pastrana tells them to. travis flipped a quad to dirt so i think if somebody would ask travis to get quads in .. there would be a better chance?

but maybe not.

i heard a rumor that quads were going to be in supermoto this year?

8my_Cash
08-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
The way its going quad freestyle is going to be a while...

We need more riders out there to push others, and we need more teams... and more teams that give support to up and coming riders.

i could however see a quad or two thrown in with the bikes for best trick..... body varials are quad freestyle's future, its where we have the advantage:devil:

come on mike we need to push the comitte of xgames together, lets get those body varials down... hahahaha :D

csr250r
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Hah! even if they did get a few quads with the bikes for best trick can you hear adams crying already how its not fair that they are doing body varials on atvs i mean seriously. x-games are getting to be a joke.

QuadJunkies
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 8my_Cash
this is because the x games committe said that quad/atvs do not have a big enough market share in action sports.

Whos the Moron that said that??
Obviously someone whos ANTI quads.:rolleyes: What .... are they afraid were gonna "steal there Thunder" ?? lol
Im so sick of hearing them coming up with excuses.
If its doesnt get a season on exposure how would they know?
I personally think that if quads get out there ,we will all see the specators FREAKIN OUT!!!:blah: :cool: :macho

Ruby Soho
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
id rather see a quad flip than a dirtbike, among other tricks.

i think the tricks they do on quads, the same tricks bike riders used to do, are more interesting on quads now. and since no one does them on the bikes anymore its even better cause they're not doing the same thing as the bikes.

8my_Cash
08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Whos the Moron that said that??
Obviously someone whos ANTI quads.:rolleyes: What .... are they afraid were gonna "steal there Thunder" ?? lol
Im so sick of hearing them coming up with excuses.
If its doesnt get a season on exposure how would they know?
I personally think that if quads get out there ,we will all see the specators FREAKIN OUT!!!:blah: :cool: :macho

its was a member of the xgames committe way back in 04-05 a huge petition went out and it was a reply letter about how the sport is not well known

kind of brought a tear to my eye but there is still hope, if the xgames wont do it in the famous words of the bombsquad..."if they xgames wont do it we (qfmx world) will just make out own competition"

QuadJunkies
08-06-2008, 09:59 AM
its was a member of the xgames committe way back in 04-05 a huge petition went out and it was a reply letter about how the sport is not well known

kind of brought a tear to my eye but there is still hope, if the xgames wont do it in the famous words of the bombsquad..."if they xgames wont do it we (qfmx world) will just make out own competition"
The Committee needs to look at it again if it was 4-5 years ago.Alot has changed, including factory involvment.
There will ALWAYS be an excuse to them IMO why they wont allow quads . I personally think its a line of crap.

8my_Cash
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
oh it is a line of crap, xgames has everything but quads....i mean come on rally cars, even though its sick but whats next ?? drifting?

QuadJunkies
08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
oh it is a line of crap, xgames has everything but quads....i mean come on rally cars, even though its sick but whats next ?? drifting?

LMFAO!:p

Dont give them any ideas!!:p

ALAMX37
08-07-2008, 05:17 AM
I know I am going to get bashed for this but here goes. How does qFMX have a place at the X-games? Every single dirt bike fmx rider is capable of backflip variations. We have one maybe two people that can do a flip variation. The evolution of freestyle is the flip until all our top guys are throwing flip variations I dont see our sport being worthy of X. I mean the the bike guys can do every trick the quads would do upside down, tell me how that is remotely impressive? Don't get me wrong, they are insane and I give them huge respect, but on a level like X-games I think a few more years is needed.

KingpinsEx
08-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
How does qFMX have a place at the X-games? Every single dirt bike fmx rider is capable of backflip variations. We have one maybe two people that can do a flip variation. The evolution of freestyle is the flip until all our top guys are throwing flip variations I dont see our sport being worthy of X. I mean the the bike guys can do every trick the quads would do upside down, tell me how that is remotely impressive?

Ummm dirtbikes were in the x-games long before people were flipping bikes. Quads are catching up at a rapid pace and well deserve a place. Look at how many riders have flipped quads already, its only a matter of time. If the riders got the exposure and the $$ from the X-Games it would push more riders into it and get the ones already there to push the envlope even more. X-Games are all about extreme, well i feel QFMX is much more extreme than FMX its sure as heck more dangerous.

gcart2
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Ummm dirtbikes were in the x-games long before people were flipping bikes. Quads are catching up at a rapid pace and well deserve a place. Look at how many riders have flipped quads already, its only a matter of time. If the riders got the exposure and the $$ from the X-Games it would push more riders into it and get the ones already there to push the envlope even more. X-Games are all about extreme, well i feel QFMX is much more extreme than FMX its sure as heck more dangerous.

i agree with this and what amamx37 had to say but look at it from the untrained eye....

"quads have four wheels so they are easier to ride."

"quads are too loud"

"quads dont even have a pro series why shouyld we let them in the xgames."

now none of these are true but people who aren't into it are not gonna know.

i race qmx and i have been told more than once its easier because we dont fall over and crash like mx guys do. however we have the same motor as the mx guys and our quads way 2-3 times as much. and iit seems there are just as many crashes at quad event as there are mx events. and it always seems the quads happen to find the rider in crashes.

do you see my point? to the untrained eye quads arent as cool.

however i think give a couple years and if this sport keeps growing like it has... we will have our spot in the xg ames.

ALAMX37
08-07-2008, 07:45 AM
I agree with you, I love qfmx. The mass public would be bored watching our guys do the std tricks. They saw everything we do 5 years ago. Where freestyle is now is nothing to do with what was happening 5 years ago. When we have 10 guys who are flipping and doing variations, I think we would be accepted with open arms.
It is just the fact that the mass public audience isn't going to see what we see when we watch qfmx.

rwhitaker04
08-07-2008, 08:53 AM
how about this event...i opt to be the male just need more female players...

<object height="345" width="434"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.redtube.com/player/"><param name="FlashVars" value="id=8006&style=redtube"><embed src="http://embed.redtube.com/player/?id=8006&style=redtube" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="345" width="434"></object>

trxwannbe
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM
the easiest way to get a huge audience there would be to have an mx race and stage some nasty crashes lol then they will see but on a more serious note i'm lookin into a way for us to voice our opinion i have a relatve who works for espn at there headquarters in bristol and i've talked to him a couple times and he says there may be a possiblity of us getting a spot on sportscenter or one of the talk shows where the host or "anchors" will talk about a petition we would have to write up and all sign (if anybody wants to start this it would be great) and make everyone a little more aware of us.

8my_Cash
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
I know I am going to get bashed for this but here goes. How does qFMX have a place at the X-games? Every single dirt bike fmx rider is capable of backflip variations. We have one maybe two people that can do a flip variation. The evolution of freestyle is the flip until all our top guys are throwing flip variations I dont see our sport being worthy of X. I mean the the bike guys can do every trick the quads would do upside down, tell me how that is remotely impressive? Don't get me wrong, they are insane and I give them huge respect, but on a level like X-games I think a few more years is needed.

thats the problem with everyones view of FMX. FMX isnt about the trick its about the difficulty of what you are doing and the style that you the rider puts into a trick. A backflip is just another trick on the list of the trick books, yes its hard but so are a few other tricks. Also just because there are only a few qFMX riders flipping does not mean that our sport is not worthy. Just launching that 350lb + machine off a 85 foot kicker takes talent and what takes balls is throwing a holy man over that gap.

now where quads have their innovations are in the fact that QFMX have been breaking barriers with new innovations of old tricks and attempting tricks that are done on dirtbikes and pulling them off just as good.

All I have to say is that i have yet to see a DB rider pull a stringer or (g-string) that englestad(SP) does.

I think the biggest arguemnt that qFMX has is, if snow mobilies are in winter x doing freestyle why cant a quad do it in summer x? :confused:

hell a snow mobile wieghts how much and how many guys are flipping and better yet how many are doing variation on the flip?

i rest my case, lol :uhoh: :cool:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I think having some SuperMoto events and/or adding some MX /SX should be added to entice the spectators . I should have added that to my replies, I dont think freestyle alone would entice the spectators alone-I think you bring up a very good point
but to say as a whole from the commitee that we dont pull in enough interest to the public is a load of crap.

We are starting to see more and more events added to te Xgames that I know me personally dont find enteraining, that includes Rally. I persoanally found that very boring.

mineralgrey01gt
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
sorry but to me rally is a good event. It takes skill to be able to drive the cars like they do, not just in xgames but in the actual rally series. Those guys have serious guts to be able to drive like they do. Bash me all you want because I really dont care what people think of me on this subject but i have to agree with a lot of people about quads. They do deserve to get a spot in the xgames somewhere, will they, we will know in due time but for now, we are stuck with what we have.

gcart2
08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
thats the problem with everyones view of FMX. FMX isnt about the trick its about the difficulty of what you are doing and the style that you the rider puts into a trick. A backflip is just another trick on the list of the trick books, yes its hard but so are a few other tricks. Also just because there are only a few qFMX riders flipping does not mean that our sport is not worthy. Just launching that 350lb + machine off a 85 foot kicker takes talent and what takes balls is throwing a holy man over that gap.

now where quads have their innovations are in the fact that QFMX have been breaking barriers with new innovations of old tricks and attempting tricks that are done on dirtbikes and pulling them off just as good.

All I have to say is that i have yet to see a DB rider pull a stringer or (g-string) that englestad(SP) does.

I think the biggest arguemnt that qFMX has is, if snow mobilies are in winter x doing freestyle why cant a quad do it in summer x? :confused:

hell a snow mobile wieghts how much and how many guys are flipping and better yet how many are doing variation on the flip?

i rest my case, lol :uhoh: :cool:

you are very right.. and very wrong.

you think its about the difficult of the trick... and to me (if i was watching) i would agree but to someone that has never seen a quad other than in a trail is not even gonna compare qfmx to fmx. they want to see flips and 360's. but quads are barely doing flips... i love qfmx but i think to the un-trained eye... fmx is hurting qfmx.

krt400ex
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
I think that 7 man paintball speedball would be sweet for x games.

that would be B/A. i would love to see that

krt400ex
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
you are very right.. and very wrong.

you think its about the difficult of the trick... and to me (if i was watching) i would agree but to someone that has never seen a quad other than in a trail is not even gonna compare qfmx to fmx. they want to see flips and 360's. but quads are barely doing flips... i love qfmx but i think to the un-trained eye... fmx is hurting qfmx.

i completely agree for someone who knows nothing about either of those sports, but for people who know a thing or two...the difficulty and style are the main parts.

KingpinsEx
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Hasn't anyone watched the Fallout V3? They ride right with the bikes on the crusty tour and get a great response from the crowd. Not only that but in V3 they run quads/bikes together in various scenes and honestly im not really more impressed by the bikes. They can whip, thats about the only thing i picked up on that stood out from the quad riders.

I feel the public would be very interested in QFMX because most people have not seen that yet. As someone mentioned, when the average person hears about a quad they probably picture a utiltiy going down the trails. I think it would more than catch their interest seeing quads jumping like the bikes. The way I see it FMX is getting played out, everyone has seen what they can do and know what to expect.

Everything was heading in the right direction with the WPSA Tour but now thats history...

trx400EXtreme
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Hasn't anyone watched the Fallout V3? They ride right with the bikes on the crusty tour and get a great response from the crowd. Not only that but in V3 they run quads/bikes together in various scenes and honestly im not really more impressed by the bikes. They can whip, thats about the only thing i picked up on that stood out from the quad riders.

I feel the public would be very interested in QFMX because most people have not seen that yet. As someone mentioned, when the average person hears about a quad they probably picture a utiltiy going down the trails. I think it would more than catch their interest seeing quads jumping like the bikes. The way I see it FMX is getting played out, everyone has seen what they can do and know what to expect.

Everything was heading in the right direction with the WPSA Tour but now thats history... i agree. people are amazed when they see a quad upside down. even if they are next to dirtbikes throwing down huge backflip variations.

8my_Cash
08-08-2008, 01:56 PM
i think everyone has good points, but all we can do is wait until it happens we have no clue where the sport of qFMX is going to go.

just look at FMX if you said 2 years ago to me dirtbikes would be front flipping i would have been rolling on the floor saying "yea only in video games". Now look lol, FRONT FLIPS

so we just gotta wait and enjoy the ride and see what happens. Hopefully its happens soon because I would love to try to get into it :) :macho