PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitus....

JRP
08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Has anyone ever had this? I have it in my elbow, like on my tricep side. Its horrible. I can't do anything. It is a constant pain, and even with ice and advil, its not helping. I went to ride today cuz it felt a littl ebetter, and i could only ride 2laps and then i couldnt hold on anymore becase the pain was so bad. Do you guys have any remedies or anything? This is keeping my dad from taking me to Lorettas and i have to go! Ive had it for a week now....

trx400EXtreme
08-04-2008, 01:27 PM
the only remedy i know of is kepping it wrapped up in a brace and not stressing the tendons.

Nick110
08-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Pepper thats not Tendonitus its something called *****itus. Very rare but usually found in people that complain, cant suck it up, and have to much sand in the Va Jay Jay. Only remedy is to grow a pair, so I guess your stuck with it for life.

ALAMX37
08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
their are a variety of really good anti-inflammatory medications out there.
I have had it really bad in my shoulder when I pitched in high school. Go to the doctor and request an anti-inflammatory.

Scro
08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Pepper thats not Tendonitus its something called *****itus. Very rare but usually found in people that complain, cant suck it up, and have to much sand in the Va Jay Jay. Only remedy is to grow a pair, so I guess your stuck with it for life.

Isn't your elbow effed up too? Sounds like both of ya'll need to put up the KY and playboy's and start riding.:p

Nick110
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Isn't your elbow effed up too? Sounds like both of ya'll need to put up the KY and playboy's and start riding.:p

Na Im healthy right now. Knock on wood. Just recovered from some torn stuff in my knee and a broken rib.

You goin to LL this year?

Scro
08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Yep, just to watch though.

Honda#4
08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
I had that in my wrist and the doc gave me a shot of cortizone, man I never felt something so relieving as that, wrist has been good ever sense, just be sure that you dont look at the needle cuz its not pretty LOL!

JRP
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
My momes gonna get me a appt. tomorrow hopefully so i can get a shot of it. Hopefully i can get it tomorrow because if not were not going to Lorettas =[
Im so dissapointed right now, its horrible. It sucks because it could of been prevented if i just would of stretched n warmed up before i started to workout at the gym one day. The one day i was in a hurry and didn't, look what happened........:grr:

Honda#4
08-05-2008, 07:24 AM
The doc told me that cortizone is a last thing they end up doing because I guess its really strong stuff suppose to last 10 years with one little shot, I forget how much they shot me with but it aint much 3 or 4cc maybe less, when they do it it goes under the skin and will discolor your skin for a little while but that aint a problem it goes away in a day.

Sorry bout your pain man I know it a bugger to deal with hope you feel better.

honda4life72
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
alot of people on my football team at school have it in there knees from us squating all the time. it helps to put a strap under your knee cap. like it goes around your leg right under your knee cap in that little dip area. its seems to help alot . u might could do sumthing like that for your elbow. but i'm no doctor :devil:

quadracer707
08-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JRP
My momes gonna get me a appt. tomorrow hopefully so i can get a shot of it. Hopefully i can get it tomorrow because if not were not going to Lorettas =[
Im so dissapointed right now, its horrible. It sucks because it could of been prevented if i just would of stretched n warmed up before i started to workout at the gym one day. The one day i was in a hurry and didn't, look what happened........:grr:

Go to the Doctor & insist on that cortizone shot. It works wonders, yea not good for you if you keep taking it, however you wont. 10 years ago I had tennis elbow on my ankles from jumping in & out of my milk trucks all day long. (yes that is what they still call it even on your ankles), I could move much for a week before taking that & with in 1 day was like i had a knew ankle, I was 35 then now 50lbs heavier & 10 years older & never had that problem again.
However I do agree you might have to get the sand out the Va jay jay:devil:

Ken

reptikes
08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
If you feel it in your tricep tendon area its usally (Tennis Elbow) not (Tendinitis). If you feel it inbetween your Bicep anf Forarm its usally Tendinitis. Once you have Tendinitis you have it for ever, never gets worse, never gets better. Some days i am in unbelievable pain, some days its minimal. I eat lots of Ibuprofen before & during riding, 800-1000 mg at a time. It helps alot.
Good Luck

stoopidbot
08-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Here is some info that I learned back in my college days. Started to for sports medicine.

Tendonitis is inflammation of a tendon, the fibrous structure that connects muscle to bone. Usually, tendonitis stems from injury or overuse, and it most commonly occurs in the shoulder, wrist, heel (Achilles tendon) and elbow. The principal symptoms are pain and tenderness that are aggravated by movement of the affected area.

Rest can speed recovery, and you can relieve the pain and reduce the inflammation somewhat by applying heat or cold to the affected area. The conventional treatment for this condition is non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) and, if necessary, steroid injections into the tendon sheath. NSAIDS can be hard on your stomach, and I would avoid steroid shots if possible.

Here is a few other things you can try.

DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide): Made from wood pulp, this chemical penetrates the skin and promotes healing. You can buy it at a health food store. Paint a 70 percent solution of DMSO on the sore area with cotton and let it dry. You may feel warmth or stinging, and experience a garlicky taste in your mouth. Try it three times a day for three days. If there is no improvement, stop using it. If you do feel some improvement, apply DMSO twice a day for three more days, then once a day for a final three days. (If you can only find more concentrated products, dilute them by adding distilled water.)

Acupuncture: A good treatment. Look for a practitioner with experience in treating tendonitis.

Zyflamend: A mixture of natural anti-inflammatory herbs, including ginger and turmeric, made by New Chapter, Inc. Follow dosage directions on the product.

Homeopathic remedies: Ruta or Rhus Tox at a potency of 6c to 30c, available in health food stores, is the treatment most often recommended. My colleague Iris Bell, MD, Director of Research here at the Program in Integrative Medicine, advises taking the lower potencies more often and the higher potencies less often. Stop treatment when symptoms are clearly improving, but you can start again if improvement plateaus or symptoms worsen again. Dr. Bell cautions against using this remedy chronically without supervision by a qualified homeopathic practitioner.

Some of these remedies are straight out of Dr. Bell's medical journal.