PDA

View Full Version : Head Gasket

blankenship
08-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey Good Day All

so i was ridin my 440 yesterday and blew the head gasket its only been together for like 2 weeks i know i riide hard.......but i think i may have pulled s head stud out of the jug........when i rev it up u can see into the cylinder...:( i know thats bad any idea's oi havent opend it up yet but i am this weekend

PS. anyone know how long gt thunder takes to do hd headstuds

bjg696
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I had that problem with mine 3 or 4 times. I made my head studs. I took a piece of B52 allthread and cut it to legnth with the stock ones and drill the holes out with a drill press and tapped them. I went to a 7/16 case harden stud with case harden nuts. Its not going anywhere. Its a piece of steel, but will save you from ever blowing a head gasket again, plus you can put 80 ft/lbs of torque on them.

AZ440ex
08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by bjg696
I had that problem with mine 3 or 4 times. I made my head studs. I took a piece of B52 allthread and cut it to legnth with the stock ones and drill the holes out with a drill press and tapped them. I went to a 7/16 case harden stud with case harden nuts. Its not going anywhere. Its a piece of steel, but will save you from ever blowing a head gasket again, plus you can put 80 ft/lbs of torque on them.

Nice work!
:cool:

If you are not as mechanicly inclined you could also send it to GT Thunder. For about $100-110 they will install oversized head studs for you.

Ruby Soho
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
i had the same problem, blew 2. bought the GT thunder studs, gave my jug to a local shop, had em installed and its been good ever since