PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on exhausts

cdevito
08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Hey, I need some input on exhausts. Big Gun, LRD, White Bros, FMF? founs sound clips on YOUTUBE for the Big Gun and FMF. Big gun sounds better. Research found no substantial differences in performance between the two. They both offer similar increases. Cannot find anything on LRD or White Bros though. Suggestions needed.

Thanks.......................Chris

3inthedirt
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
We have the FMF and it has been good. We also open the airbox and rejetted. There was a big difference afterwards.

TEXWS6
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
CHP hands down....Have used Big Gun, Hetrick, and found Classic's to be the BEST!!

freundly
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I have a White Bro's slip on & it's pretty much just louder. Thought about removing airbox lid & rejetting. If you do that, do you just go a couple sizes bigger on the main jet?

double d 1
08-05-2008, 03:18 AM
i put the hetrick pipe on and went one size bigger on the main. had some black smoke coming out. went back to the stock jet. runs good, but i dont think it runs any better than stock. sounds good though.

cdevito
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks to everyone responding. Think I'm leaning to either the Big Gun or the FMF.

Thanks,

Chris

national #9
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Before you buy any pipe you should know pipes are made for the type of motor work you have done. Like the bigger diamater, pipes like the ones you mentioned, use a minimum of a big bore kit, or alot of them are made only for the 125 kits with a bigger head and carb. If you put a pipe that is to big for the air flow you have coming in and through the motor you are wasting your money, because you have more air/exhaust going out then going in/the carb and the head, so you may gain some hp, but you would gain more with the proper pipe. You should call kids on quads, they will help you mate up the right pipe for your motor.

cdevito
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM
That site is cool. Never even new it existed. Thanks, I'll call them on Monday.

Chris