PDA

View Full Version : bog at WOT

raptorobbie
08-04-2008, 07:42 AM
hope this is an easy one.... I've got a stock 90cc 2008DRR w/ the DRR "quiet pipe", 24mm PWK carb, around a 102main jet, and a 40 pilot jet.

Problem I'm having is when you push the throttle wide open and hold it there, the engine responds well and revs out for a couple secs and then competely dies if you keep it pinned. If you let off it will recover, unless you pin it again.

Pulled the plug and it seems to be okay. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!!

wvspeedfreak
08-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Sounds like it is lean on the main jet.What air filter are you running?Just an open clamp on one?

guy310
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I have the same problem, but it happens only with the snorkle on. When I put the clamp on air filter on, no problem.

raptorobbie
08-04-2008, 11:13 AM
The snorkel is probably the answer - I didnt think of that!!! I had the bike tore down to change the jets and mess w/ the tranny and to save time during testing of the jets, i just attached the filter directly to the carb and did not have this issue (that i'm aware of).

I just hooked the snorkel up yesterday after i was done testing the tranny mods and went to button everything up.

I didnt think the addition of the snorkel would make that big of a difference.

I guess the next question is what should I use for a filter set-up, we dont race but ride woods w/ possible water/mud conditions?

Thanks!

JIM GRACE
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
definitley run the intake tube, i already seized a drr motor telling
brandon to go through a deep puddle while trail riding. the intake
tube does richen the mix, and mounting the filter on the carb leans it out..

run a k & n with a outerware at the top of the snorkle..

brandon's dad #55

racerdad199
08-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Can you please post a pic of your set up Jim Grace? With the snorkle.

JIM GRACE
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
i will switch it over in the morning and get back to you...

brandon's dad #55

JIM GRACE
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
i found a pic. hopefully it helps. the k&n mounts on the end , high
up under the front plastic. with an outerwares the one we got
was for a raptor 80..clean the filter after every ride.

brandon's dad #55

jread14
08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
This may be a stupid statement but did you tear into the carb when you tore it down. You may have screwed up your float level adjustment when you did. It causes the exact same symptoms you are talking about. Just a thought if jetting does not help. Good luck.

raptorobbie
08-05-2008, 06:21 AM
jread - not a stupid statement at all - I did tear the carb apart to rejet but tried to be careful not to mess the float setting up.

The snorkel was the answer - thanks! I tried it last night just attaching the filter directly to the carb and no more bogging.

Jim - I looked at the KN setup too! - I should be able to get a KN that fits the 1-3/4" snorkel right?

Hopefully the KN + the outerwear will keep the junk out of the carb - right now, the stock filter is letting in all kinds of dust and debris (yes every connection is tight).

rob

JIM GRACE
08-05-2008, 10:59 AM
the size of the filter would be the one that fits on your model carb
mikuni 16 is the same size. i also forgot to tell you to use electric tape
around the top connection as well as the bottom connection.
and use hose clamps to connect every thing together
they may be tight now , but i will rattle loose..
the electric tape keeps everything together..

bradons dad #55