PDA

View Full Version : cell phone question

bulkdriverlp
08-03-2008, 09:04 PM
i have nextel and i just signed a 2 year contract a few months ago. the service still sucks like it did 3 years ago. i want to switch to at&t. it costs like 250 to buy out of my contract. i need some ideas. ty in advance

ZeroLogic
08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
What happens if you quit paying the bill?

Frisk98
08-03-2008, 09:15 PM
if you just quit paying the bill your credit gets screwed up big time. I would suggest calling nextel's customer service dept and tell them that you are unhappy with your service and would like out (they can do move over the phone than they can do in the stores) If they tell you that you have to pay the fee then i guess you just got to decide how much that crappy service means to you.

If it was me I would see how much my bill was every month and and if i would have to pay the fee just go without a phone for that time. So if your bill is 100 a month, just go 2 months without a phone and boom there is the money and if you really need a phone just get a crappy pre paid for that time. Good luck

Scottt89
08-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I know you said that you would like to go AT&T, but since Nextel is owned by Sprint, you can usually switch to a Sprint plan for no additional charge. Since Nextel uses the 2way, they didn't share the towers with the Sprint buyout, meaning that Nextel is running a few crappy towers for 2way, but if you get a Sprint phone, your service will likely be just as good as AT&T, and Verizon. May want to look into that. My buddy works @ the Sprint store, he tells me the horrors of Nextel all the time. Not to mention I had it for 5years myself.

IOWAracer
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
my grandma does the city bills for a local town and my phone has NO service shows an X in her town so i had her right me up a fake water bill saying i moved to the town and t mobile let me out of my contract cause they dont have any towers near by....

IOWAracer
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
my grandma does the city bills for a local town and my phone has NO service shows an X in her town so i had her right me up a fake water bill saying i moved to the town and t mobile let me out of my contract cause they dont have any towers near by....