PDA

View Full Version : dyna fs ignition?

Stroker81
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Alright guys I posted the other day that my quad would not start had no spark. After messing around with coil and what not we pluged in stock rev box and started right up. Anybody have any clue what would of happen to the dyna fs? It has only had like 20 hrs on it, but the quad sat for over a year with out running. I did have the battery charger on while tryin to start it when the battery was dead. Another thing is with my 440 kit and bigger carb is the stock box hurting me? I no it is on performance but is it hurting the motor? I have found a aftermarket coil and a another rev box from AMR Racing anyone running this box and coil? Please let me know.
Thanks

REPOMAN
08-03-2008, 08:53 PM
i had the amr stage 3 cdi and coil and loved them. i have since parted out my quad but still have the coil if you want to save a few bucks i will sell it to you. only about 1 month old

400exrider_1230
08-03-2008, 09:46 PM
dyna tech sucks i know a guy who had one on his trx450r and he threw it a way and put the stock one back on

REDRIDDER
08-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Stroker81
Alright guys I posted the other day that my quad would not start had no spark. After messing around with coil and what not we pluged in stock rev box and started right up. Anybody have any clue what would of happen to the dyna fs? It has only had like 20 hrs on it, but the quad sat for over a year with out running. I did have the battery charger on while tryin to start it when the battery was dead. Another thing is with my 440 kit and bigger carb is the stock box hurting me? I no it is on performance but is it hurting the motor? I have found a aftermarket coil and a another rev box from AMR Racing anyone running this box and coil? Please let me know.
Thanks I have a AMR super coil and you'll know the difference right away, that's all ill say...you'll feel it.

mac_ando
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
It's not your CDI that is the prob. Any slight drop in battery voltage can cause the aftermarket CDI not to work. thats why when u put your stock 1 back on it started. because the stock 1 is able to perform at a lower voltage. I know guys that have their stock ones zip tied up under the body, in the event that this happens. Some times all it takes is for you to stop to BS with someone for a short time and let you key on. And sometimes thats long enough to drop the voltage enough to make that CDI no work. I hope this helps. Now i've only heard of this being a prob on the 400's Don't know about 450's

REDRIDDER
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mac_ando
It's not your CDI that is the prob. Any slight drop in battery voltage can cause the aftermarket CDI not to work. thats why when u put your stock 1 back on it started. because the stock 1 is able to perform at a lower voltage. I know guys that have their stock ones zip tied up under the body, in the event that this happens. Some times all it takes is for you to stop to BS with someone for a short time and let you key on. And sometimes thats long enough to drop the voltage enough to make that CDI no work. I hope this helps. Now i've only heard of this being a prob on the 400's Don't know about 450's Good point! I would of over looked that probably.

Stroker81
08-07-2008, 03:55 AM
So if it is not my cdi what do you think it would be? You think the voltage regulator would be bad, or if I just buy a new battery id be good to go? I called dynatech and they told me to send it in and they would fix it and send it back for free. SO I guess we can find out what it is when they call me. I will keep you all updated.

Which 450?
11-13-2008, 04:16 AM
I went through 4 on my old 400ex. They replaced it every time. But if you hit the rev limiter you fry it.

brokenmike
11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I have had my dynatek fs ignition for over 3 years and had no problems with it. I tried a white bros. box on it and it would not start. You need a good battery to start your bike

Which 450?
11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Thats pretty good. I actually bought a big gun overrev today for my new 400ex. I loved the dyna, but i dont trust it.

sc400ex_rider
11-14-2008, 01:51 PM
maybe put a battery charger or booster pack on it with the dyna to test the voltage theory.