PDA

View Full Version : 90 Pipe recommendation?

dwhst9
08-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Our Scrammy 90 has a bone-stock motor for now. This will primarily be trail ridden, but I want to be able to reuse the new pipe with future engine mods. However, I don't want him to have a wicked high engagement right now. Will the Hetrick pipe still meet my needs or should I look elsewhere?

nordic quad
08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Went down the same way with my sons 90 preddie only i got my pipe from Lakes motorsport its called producktion pipe but i think its the same pipe.To use this pipe you need a high rev cdi and a uni filter and rejet your carb,this shold come with the pipe.Ended up changing the carb to a 21mm dellortho with stock jets,this made it go really fast on straigth rugged terrain and on the track even without the cluch kit:devil:

dblacks
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
guy has a Hetrick Pipe/Trinity Pipe for sale in the Polaris section.

check it out

hotquads1
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
the metrakit pro pipe will have the best allaround performance and works well with mild mods. very good low end performance
marc

dblacks
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
the metrakit pro pipe will have the best allaround performance and works well with mild mods. very good low end performance
marc

Mark, Have you run one on a 90?

hotquads1
08-05-2008, 08:02 AM
I have a customer running one a 90 with very good results.
marc

dblacks
08-05-2008, 08:11 AM
interesting....

Nocomment
08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
we had good luck with Hetricks pipes, there is one for sale in the polaris section.

dwhst9
08-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Nocomment
we had good luck with Hetricks pipes, there is one for sale in the polaris section.

Are you running Hetrick pipes with stock motors and mild engagement?

Nocomment
08-06-2008, 05:07 AM
when we had it on the bike it was with lightend clutches and springs, and rejetted carb other than that stock,

etondaddy
08-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Either way for a 100 skinnies grab it. I have a new lightened clutch when your ready for it.

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/100_0447.jpg

markvette
08-06-2008, 07:09 AM
wrh and hetrick are the best low to mid range pipes.

Mark

dwhst9
08-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Either way for a 100 skinnies grab it. I have a new lightened clutch when your ready for it.

Mike Kozura

I told Tom I'd take the Hetrick pipe. Where is weight removed from in that clutch? Are you referring to less rotating mass?

03sp500
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
by drilling out / lightening the clutch shoes, you change when they engage. the lighter shoe engages later so the engine can get up to the power band. then you get to play with rollers. torsion springs, ramp angles, variator spacing, belt length, overdrive pulleys, it just never stops. setting up a clutch is a black art.

but it is real neat when they hook up and pull. trust me it never stops.

etondaddy
08-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 03sp500
by drilling out / lightening the clutch shoes, you change when they engage. the lighter shoe engages later so the engine can get up to the power band. then you get to play with rollers. torsion springs, ramp angles, variator spacing, belt length, overdrive pulleys, it just never stops. setting up a clutch is a black art.

Boy you said a mouth full there........ I'm liking this Honda clean the air filter, change the oil, check it over for loose, bent, broken, or cracked stuff........ if it's all good load it up and lets go racing.

Mike Kozura
www.kylekozura.com

dwhst9
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
I understand all the clutching stuff coming from a stable of Polaris quads. I just wasn't sure if Mike was referring to lightened clutch weights or the entire clutch assembly itself was lightened too.

Andyman17dad
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by markvette
wrh and hetrick are the best low to mid range pipes.

Mark

I have a new WRH pipe that I could sell, if anyone is still looking for one.
-Bob
518-860-4935

dblacks
08-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by 03sp500

:huh yeah what he said lol

hotquads1
08-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by dwhst9
Our Scrammy 90 has a bone-stock motor for now. This will primarily be trail ridden, but I want to be able to reuse the new pipe with future engine mods. However, I don't want him to have a wicked high engagement right now. Will the Hetrick pipe still meet my needs or should I look elsewhere?
. If you are trail riding and want to keep a low rpm clutch engagement, I dont think you will be happy with the hetrick pipe , it works better for high engagement and full throttle racing applications. If you decide to get it then plan on changing clutch , t-spring , rollers and jetting and sprockets to make it managable in the trails .
good luck