PDA

View Full Version : 250X to 450R HELP!!!

Crusty450er
08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Was wondering if anyone new if a 250x axle will fit on a 450r? you see i work at a scrap yard and this dude scrapped a whole 250x without any fenders and a blown motor and it has a Durablue X-33 racing axle with the hubs on it. i bought it from my boss cheap. lucky me. and would like to know if it will fit on mine before tearing both of my rearends apart and finding out it dont fit. so please can someone help.

Seano300ex
08-02-2008, 11:00 PM
im not 100% sure but does anyone know if its possible to run that axle w/ the 250x bearing carrier on the 450r?? would that work

Crusty450er
08-03-2008, 07:47 AM
thanks hondarider11 for the info. i am gonna part it out cuz it needs too much done to it. the motor is blown out threw the bottom center case[ you can see the crank] so look for some parts i will be listing.

toxicd
08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
you might be able to use the 250x bearing carrier in the 450r swingarm. just take some measurements and see what you would have to do to mak it work. best and cheapest thing would to be a used factory 450r swingarm off ebay for $50 and then cut the bearing carrier housing off and have one off a 250x swingarm welded back on, you could even lengthen the swingarm while you were at it if you wanted. it would be a very easy mod, or you could probably get a welder/fabricator to do it for less than $100 which is gonna be less than half of buying a new axle.

Crusty450er
08-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by toxicd
you might be able to use the 250x bearing carrier in the 450r swingarm. just take some measurements and see what you would have to do to mak it work. best and cheapest thing would to be a used factory 450r swingarm off ebay for $50 and then cut the bearing carrier housing off and have one off a 250x swingarm welded back on, you could even lengthen the swingarm while you were at it if you wanted. it would be a very easy mod, or you could probably get a welder/fabricator to do it for less than $100 which is gonna be less than half of buying a new axle.

do you think the welds would be stong enough to do the swap you just explained. cuz i like the sounds of it.

toxicd
08-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I would sell the axle and buy a brand new G force or a used lsr just something that comes with a warrenty card.

that would be your best bet, but if you cannot sell it and are stuck with it then you can do the swingarm mod i described for the 250x carrier. if you find a welder who knows what they are doing then the welds should be strong enough, thats how the bearing carrier housings are mounted to alot of swingarms anyways. if you feel like the welds are not enough you can easily add bracing to make it stronger. again check everything first to make sure you can mount your caliper holder and other components.