PDA

View Full Version : best way to trade in a wheeler?

yfzrider310
08-02-2008, 05:11 PM
My buddy and I will be going to trade in his ltr 450 for a 08 crf 450. He has a full yoshimura pipe, hood, nerfs, tires. I am thinking that since he has all his stock parts we will make it stock for the trade in. Is this a good plan? Then I will try to sell all his parts on here which have all been used for literally 10 hours. Tell me what you think or if you have any good tricks to get the most money out of the ltr. Thanks

deathman53
08-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Return it completely to stock, most dealers don't want it unless it is very stock. Sell the aftermarket stuff. You won't get the best price trading it in, you probably could get more on a private sale. All the like-new stock parts will help in that also, you could tell the person that it was only ridden for a few hours and sat in the garage most of the time.

mx1791
08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
ive traded in 2 quads already at dealers, last quad i did it with was a z400 with a decent amount of parts. dealership told me its better to put it to as close to stock as possible, 1- because trade in value is low enough as it is, parts dont make it much higher. 2- aftermarket gives the dealer the impression that it was raced/rode hard, and when they wanna sell it alot of buyers will think the same

yfzrider310
08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
Return it completely to stock, most dealers don't want it unless it is very stock. Sell the aftermarket stuff. You won't get the best price trading it in, you probably could get more on a private sale. All the like-new stock parts will help in that also, you could tell the person that it was only ridden for a few hours and sat in the garage most of the time.
My friend has had it for sale for the longest time and it wont sell. He doesn't really care about the money because his family is pretty rich. It litterally has sat in the garage for most of the time. The only thing is that it has broken rear grab bar. How much will that end up taking off the price? We were just going to say we had a problem loading it in a truck and it hit the grab bar.:cool:

blacknblue#2
08-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Let them ask questions. Dont go in there breakin your neck to tell them them how its been babied and never rode, then they will just let it go in one ear and out the other. but yeah he will take a big loss in money but if he knows that up front its cool. aint really any tricks to trading one in other than just what the other guys said about being as close to stock as possible