PDA

View Full Version : looking for someone to port/polish

dezertboyjd
08-02-2008, 01:32 PM
trying to finish this build and ive decided to just get the head work done now. its going to be running a wiseco 416 10:1, stage 2 cam, and all the other bolt on stuff. Just looking for someone who is a reliable porter and polisher. im trying to make as much hp out of this motor as possible, plus i want to be able to run a wiseco 85mm 10:1 with stage 1 cam off the same head when i want too.

who does good work at a reasonable price?
plus a valve job?
has references?
cnc or hand ported?

thanks for the help

my boss does this work but he charges too much for the work he does. and it dosent include a valve job.

Honda#4
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I sent my head to Colby, he has good pricing and a quick turnaround time, it was $175 for my porting and it took 2 weeks but also had my head bored and such so it may take less time. BTW I just finished my jetting and I got it darn close and I got excellent mid and top range power. I highly recommend him, if I had another motor to build it would be going to Colby for all the work.

leasureryan
08-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Who is Colby....and where or how do you get ahold of him. Business name, link, phone, anything?

dezertboyjd
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
did that include a valve job?

what kind of motor set up are you running.any guess on what your making for horse power?

honda729
08-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Who is Colby....and where or how do you get ahold of him. Business name, link, phone, anything?
colby from c&d theres a page dedicated to them. check the main forum page

dezertboyjd
08-02-2008, 10:29 PM
sorry i want a gurantee! unless you will do it for like 20 bucks!!! ha

want to make as much power as possible

Honda#4
08-03-2008, 06:46 AM
I cant be exact on hp #'s without proof from a dyno but I think im around 38-40hp. I run a JE 416 11:1 hi comp piston,HC Stage 2, C&D Ported head, WB E-series slip-on, WB powerfilter, no lid. The valve job was seperate.

bob gnarl
08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
your in arizona right? send that son of a ***** over to trinty racing! i think has 5 different port jobs to choose from. :devil: