PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Gear?

Maryland 400EX
12-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Anyone with good sense would probably put their quad away for the Winter but me and my Homies are gonna keep on riding through the Winter. Last week I froze my NUTS OFF basically because I had the wrong clothing (Jeans & jacket) on, plus my feet got wet trying to lift this EX out of a mudhole with some Timberlands on.. Question: What gear is appropriate for extreme weather like what we're seeing here in MD? What gloves, boots, etc.?

QuadTrix6
12-05-2002, 05:11 PM
companys make gear that is the same as there regular gear but made for winter. might wanna try that

jerry-89-250R
12-05-2002, 05:14 PM
clothes that snow ski'ers wear work well

250exen
12-05-2002, 05:31 PM
heack, your not nutz for not putting away your quad.. heack i ride mine more in the winter then i do in the summer( not really but you get it) i wear ....
1)winter jacket with 2 sweatshirts under(wind goes through zipper and when being pulled on sled)
2)a mask to protect face and head(pretty much winter hat with maskk under helmate i have or the mask w/ 2 eye holes)
3) snow pant with sweat pants or jeans underneath(thermal underwear if really cold and going to be out for long time)
4)winter boots(rubber perferably) with atleast 2 pairs of socks(whool do well here)
5) winter gloves with thoes black gay liner thing underneath(glover perferably waterproof)

you wear what i just told you and you will be a warm fella. warm is usually more fun!

Maryland 400EX
12-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Good idea Jerry. 250 exen, Thanks for the info. I guess I had a brain fart thinking that guys put these things away for the Winter. I'm so used to the Streetbike where around November it's time to drain the tank!

AtvMxRider
12-05-2002, 06:26 PM
When it's real cold I just wear a pair of coveralls.

Taco
12-05-2002, 06:27 PM
carthart insulated bibs:D

AndrewRRR
12-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Check out the Snowmobile gear suppliers. Chapparral, Dennis Kirk and a few other places supply the sled guys with killer winter gear. They basically wear the same type of stuff ATVers ride except its geared for cold weather. One thing that would make a big difference is get a full face helmet and something to keep your neck warm. If you dont want to spend that kind of cash at least make sure the vents on your helmet are closed! hehe

JUSTINcredible
12-05-2002, 09:07 PM
I wear carhart in the cold here, carhart isnt the most fashonable but it sure does keep you warm

quadbiker
12-05-2002, 09:08 PM
MSR Cold Pro gloves, handguards on your bars.

danney f
12-06-2002, 03:14 AM
Cold weather gear?
I use 1st through 5th and sometimes reverse:D

Maryland 400EX
12-06-2002, 05:47 AM
Whenever someone even mentions reverse I get pissed!

MeatHead
12-06-2002, 05:59 AM
The simplest thing you can do to help you out in cold weather is GROW A BEARD. It works for me. But like the other guys said, look for some snow mobile clothing and you should be nice and comfortable in the cold.

danney f
12-06-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Maryland 400EX
Whenever someone even mentions reverse I get pissed!

REVERSE, REVERSE, REVERSE J/K:D

You don't need reverse when you have enough power to just wick the throttle and whip the rear around. Know what I mean?

iceman2488x
12-06-2002, 10:15 AM
it is something you might want to check into, i discovered this stuff while playing football, it is thin and yet is about as warm as a jacket...i love it, i wear it under a jacket and can stay warm and still be able to move like normal, it is called under armour, they have different forms of it...heat gear "keeps you cool in summer" turf gear "abraision protection" cold gear "for winter" and it all works like it says it does, check it out

http://www.underarmour.com/ua/ua3htmldept.asp?dept%5Fid=4
that is cold gear

Maryland 400EX
12-06-2002, 10:43 AM
I should have known to ask the Iceman first... LOL! Yea, Eastbay sells that stuff. Its called Under Armour Cold Gear. They claim it's ideal for use under 55 degrees and it's made of 63%nylon, 23%polyester and 14% elastine. The turtleneck is $50 and the leggings are $40 and they both come in black or white. I may get that to go under a ski suit... http://www.Eastbay.com

iceman2488x
12-06-2002, 02:43 PM
i found some cold gear for half price at Champ Sports, i bought like 3 shirts, i allready had a shirt and some boxers from them, the boxers would be really good if you do fmx to wear under your mx pants because they form around you like skin and feel awesome. The cold gear is pretty awesome tho. too bad i have mono and i cant test it out in the first snow of the year :'(