PDA

View Full Version : air filter

rescuescrub
08-01-2008, 06:34 PM
hey all. picking up my 08 this w/e . was just wondering as far as air filters which is best one out there? been using k&n with a outerwears cover on it on my trx250 and seems to be ok. man no more jetting nightmares.sweet!!! thnxs in advance

MN Quad RacR
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I got some k&n's too but i will prly get the Fuel ATV one after the season gets over

Drewltr450
08-01-2008, 08:14 PM
what type of riding do you do? is it dusty or mudy or sandy

rescuescrub
08-02-2008, 03:35 AM
down here in s fl its mainly dusty id say but lately with all the rain there are spots that are muddied up. not like a mud hole if u get my drift. will prob start going to the seminole track now. been going to indiantown, that one was sandy when dry, but its not really maintained well. looked at the "modquad kit". looks like that might be a good one. appretiate all the input though...

miller821
08-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Fuel's is good for all types of riding, and gives the best gains... Good filter IMO.

KingpinsEx
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Running no air box always scares me even with a outerwear. Unless you only ride on dry motocross tracks it seems a bit risky too me. My buddy hit a mud puddle on his banshee with a similar setup to the modquad or fuel atv intake and blew the motor. I think I'd rather play it safe than sorry... I think I will be looking into one of those outerwear airbox covers, seems like it would get good filtration and keep most of the junk out. I do not like suzuki's setup though, how the filter is not sealed onto the intake, it more or less just sits next to it. Seems like a good chance of blow-by, I guess that would be one advantage to a fuel or modquad setup.

450Rchaser
08-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Fuels is by far the best. We had a race that has about 100 yd. creek run in it w/ probably a foot of water in it. I passed atleast 3 people in the creek. I guess they thought they were gonna splash to much water. I had a wave of water in front of me. I had absolutely no problem w/ the water. Mine seems to do great in all terrains and conditions. Its erally tucked in there good and stays fairly clean.

Warnerade
08-14-2008, 03:27 PM
pro design pro flow.