PDA

View Full Version : Mx Suspension Set up

Stroked_Camaro8
07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I bought a 08 ltr at the begining of the season this year. I've raced a couple times and beat a couple A riders. My quad only has a cherrybomb, pro armor nerfbars and bars. This winter I'm looking to pull some more power out of it and have the best suspension set up. Besides port and polish and bigger valves, I'm undecided on cams and pipe. Suspension wise I'm leaning with elka or the fox floaters. I've had elka before on a smaller quad and never had really any complaints but if any others are better I'd like to know about them. I've heard that your suppost to repack the yosh exhausts every 8 to 10 hours?? and I've heard that dasa melts airboxes. I was curious on what everybody prefers on bars too. I was given a set of moose flex to try and I think I get more fatigued with these then the stock bars. Any help is more then appreciated. I live near redbud in Buchanan, Michigan and most of the area tracks around are set up like redbud is so any help on suspension is greatly appreciated
Thanks

LTR98 Rick
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
From what i've heard and seen, Fox would be the best option for suspension, then PEP, Motowoz, then Elka. As for exhaust, the Yoshimura packing lasts longer then 8-10 hrs. I've got about 14 hrs on mine and i can expect 5-7 hrs more. I'm not sure how much u wanna spend but if u don't have a steering stabilizer i'd recommend it.
For what kind of Cams to get, i've only used Yoshimura cams but they are all pretty good.

Drewltr450
07-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Elka is an awesome suspension. So are floats, floats r a little less expensive though. as for bars get Fasst Flex bars. They will lower your fatigue while riding. and for the pipe get a Dasa or a Sparks or a Rossier those r the 3 best pipes out hands down. And about the dasa melting the airbox if you buy a fuelatv intake it gets rid of the airbox and also adds about 3 hp to the quad. For cams ide get hotcams i love mine. And yea If you have the money i would get the elkas.

Warnerade
07-31-2008, 08:02 PM
What number are you camero? I havent seen you at any races so far this year.

As for suspension, steer clear of elka, their shocks are garbage. Fox Floats will be your best bet, or PEP PB1's if you can manage to get them setup properly...

exhausts, I'd go with a yosh, dasa or Rage.

Get a precision dampner over those 400 dollar junk flexx bars, you will love the damn thing.

Quadfun400ex
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Get a dasa full system.....i've seen them kick some serious a** on the dyno.....sparks is garbage......then next get a power commander.........FOX FLOATS OR PEP shocks PM Me if you need a great place to have them set up....i might be able to get you a deal on getting them set up and by a professional

outacontrol
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
well of course everyone is going to post what they run presently as being the best they have ever had and everything else is junk, as far as flexx being junk.... couldnt be further from the truth, but i guess a large majority of the handlebars at a national or gncc event are flexx so they must be junk..
Pipes, well im pretty sure yosh knows how to build parts for the suzuki, and have the money for R&D, so to say they arent comparable to other companies is absurd.
Shocks, your gonna make your head spin if you rely on these forums to lead you in the right direction. Your gonna read good and bad about every shock made. All I can tell you is its more important to get the shock setup for you, by a reputable company, than it is "picking" a brand. I currently run motowoz and am very happy, and would not sell them for some of the top name companies shocks that i have rode on. That being said I owned elkas that were valved, revalved and attempted to get dialed in for over a year and hated them. just my .02

Warnerade
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
in my opinion...the money is better invested in a precision dampner than some handle bars. I do agree with motowoz though, those are a very good brand of shock.

miller821
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
The Fox/Walsh is a very common suspension that I have seen on a lot of these bikes.....

Dasa is a great pipe, and I haven't heard anything about it burning air boxes, but then again i'm running without one.... You do have to repack it more often than the Yoshi, but dynoed, it is the best pipe out their.

Yoshi is also a great pipe, and Suzuki and Yoshi have always been hand in hand with their products.... The Yoshi makes just a little less horsepower, but does not have to be repacked quite as often.

MN Quad RacR
08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I've got some Motowoz shocks on my ltr and they work great, if i were to choose a different pair of shocks to use i'd prly go with the fox floats. But my motowoz's are the best shocks i've tried to date, and they are the lead sponsor in the Motowoz Quad Series here in minnesota. As for pipes I would have gotten a dasa or a yoshi if i wouldn't have found a used Rossier for a great price, and the best part of that is that it puts out more horse than the yosh at like half the price.

KingpinsEx
08-03-2008, 08:59 AM
How many of you guys are running aftermarket shocks on stock arms? I know elka specifically makes shocks for the stock arms as does fox, not sure about the other companies. Just curious if anyone is doing much of this? Seems to me if you already have the width no sense in buying new a-arms aside from going long travel. Some stock replacements or even revalves seem to be the best bang for your buck in my opinion, anyone care to comment on this setup?

LTR98 Rick
08-04-2008, 11:29 PM
On my practice bike i have PEP shocks on stock a-arms and they work great, (way better then stock on every part of the track). Now on my other quad i have PEP's on Walsh a-arms and i'd say they handle even better in corners, jumps and whoops.

MN Quad RacR
08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
yeah i got my motowoz shocks mounted up to the stockers and they work really well. my friend that i bought it from won A class with it, with motowoz shocks all around, yoshi cams and a cherry bomb.

elementryder
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
axis and pep are my favortie brands of shocks and i wouldnt wanna ride anything else!

flexx bars are awesome,deffijnalty better than regular bars

presicion dampner is good but i dont think i have mine tuned in very well cuz i dont notice a big difference from my old stick dampner