PDA

View Full Version : 400EX exhaust

Hondaguy
12-05-2002, 02:15 PM
which pipe pro circut, HMF, white bros. I ride sand pits, tracks, but trails and woods most of the time.

Sparks425Ex
12-05-2002, 05:07 PM
Keep saving and get a complete system from Sparks Racing. The link is in my Sig. Their x-6 is sweet. And add so much low end power. It will top any other pipe you can buy.

TRXRacer1
12-05-2002, 05:50 PM
Go with the Pro Circuit T4 or the WB E-series if your not doing heavy motor work.

Maryland 400EX
12-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Sparks X-6. Remember: You get what you pay for...

DESDAK4
12-05-2002, 06:24 PM
I truely do believe you get what you pay for but, in this case there is no way on this earth that the sparks pipe makes $150+ more power than any other pipe out there I am sorry but this is my feeling on it.

Jay
USAF

allen400ex
12-05-2002, 06:43 PM
What about the yoshimura comp series exhaust full system. I was looking things up and some of the pipes said to be the best were the yoshi, big gun, and wb e series. What do you think will be the best.

DESDAK4
12-05-2002, 06:48 PM
As some people would call all those companies main stream type pipes where as that is what they do I say the e-series then the yosh from all the stuff I have read but they are very close. I agree with everyone that the engine builders pipes are going to make the most power I just don't think the sparks is worth the money they want, not when I just got my Trinity Racing Stage IV for 400 bucks and it will easily make as much power as the rest.

Jay
USAF

jb400exxx
12-06-2002, 03:18 PM
pro circuit T-4!!!! it's a great low to mid pipe, and it sounds sweet. with a K&N filter w/outerwear, and some holes in the lid you'll deffinetly notice a difference.

12-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
Keep saving and get a complete system from Sparks Racing. The link is in my Sig. Their x-6 is sweet. And add so much low end power. It will top any other pipe you can buy.

i thought it was a top end pipe?

odie
12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
go with the pro-circut and a k&n filter and you will notice a big diffirence in power.They sounds better then the white bros. .R4

Dave400ex
12-06-2002, 06:42 PM
I think the TC is about the best low end pipe made. Everything Tom makes is for bottom end. I really like the pipe and would buy it again.

breaks-alot
12-06-2002, 06:56 PM
The sparks is the best pipe you can buy. As for your choices I would definitely go with the T-4. I actually didn't know anything about it when I bought it used in really good condition and really cheep but after putting that thing on it did help a lot more then I thought. It responds really well with the welds grinded in the head pipe and intake mods (I did my snorkel, air box, and filter) Then I got motor work done and I wanted all mid range power and that T-4 works good on keeping it snappy off the bottom if I don't clutch right in a corner. The best thing though is how awesome it sounds:devil. I’m about to make mine a shorty just for looks though.
Hope I helped.
L8r, Ben

allen400ex
12-06-2002, 07:00 PM
What about the Yoshi Comp Series full System? And if i do put one on what other mods will i need for the motor.

stupid driver
12-06-2002, 08:27 PM
GET THE X-6. you will thank us

allen400ex
12-07-2002, 12:09 AM
Bought the yoshi comp series full exhaust system. Will tell how it works. can't wait.

mcgusto
12-07-2002, 01:24 AM
I just got my LRD and it is awsome!!! I read quite a few reviews and even posted a thread similar to this one. After doing my research I ended up with a truly great product. The insalation did not go as easily as I was told it would though(the pipe kept hitting my rear shock piggyback), but I will let LRD get away with that-because after the fussing &fitting was over, it was well worth it. My 400 excelerates soooooo smooth now! The whoops are so much nicer now with the extra power gain. The sparks is also supposed to be an awsome pipe. I think that both the LRD and the Sparks are made by the same core manufacturer.

LRD-great sound, and an awsome difference in power curve.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-07-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by mcgusto
I just got my LRD and it is awsome!!! I read quite a few reviews and even posted a thread similar to this one. After doing my research I ended up with a truly great product. The insalation did not go as easily as I was told it would though(the pipe kept hitting my rear shock piggyback), but I will let LRD get away with that-because after the fussing &fitting was over, it was well worth it. My 400 excelerates soooooo smooth now! The whoops are so much nicer now with the extra power gain. The sparks is also supposed to be an awsome pipe. I think that both the LRD and the Sparks are made by the same core manufacturer.

LRD-great sound, and an awsome difference in power curve.

Did you get the spacer with your exhaust that moves the silencer over and makes it so the pipe does not hit the reservior? I had that problem too...so I called the shop I bought it from, and they told me about a spacer that comes with the exhaust...so then I looked in the box my stuff came in and saw it :blah

Heres a pic:

http://www.off-road.com/atv/projects/400ex/lrd/gallery/dsc_0108.jpg

yellow400rider
12-07-2002, 10:54 AM
I'm suprised there isnt any positive feedback about HMF :confused: i plan to run there full system on my 400 and have heard nothing but good things about em. u guys really think the T-4 is a better all arounder??? i wont b doin any motor mods just a filter, moded air box, and complete system so the x-6 is not on my list.

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by deslacs400ex
I truely do believe you get what you pay for but, in this case there is no way on this earth that the sparks pipe makes $150+ more power than any other pipe out there I am sorry but this is my feeling on it.

Jay
USAF

I agree totally, unless you put a426 or 440 kit on it.

I just ordered a white brothers R4. When i put it on I will let u know how it works.

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by yellow400rider
I'm suprised there isnt any positive feedback about HMF :confused: i plan to run there full system on my 400 and have heard nothing but good things about em. u guys really think the T-4 is a better all arounder??? i wont b doin any motor mods just a filter, moded air box, and complete system so the x-6 is not on my list.

I would go with the hmf, I have heard nothing but good things about it too.

I hope this advise helps.;)

A4StrokeGuy
12-07-2002, 03:01 PM
As a few of the above posts mentioned the LRD pipe is awsome. I just put mine on a week ago and it totally beats my WB E-series i had. It sounds awsome, looks awsome, and yes the spacer on the silencer duz work very well!:D I still need to jet it up sum more from where my WB was at but it already runs awsome. And the most important thing is.....they sent me 2 stickers instead of one, now thats customer service!!

Jordan

mcgusto
12-07-2002, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
[B]

Did you get the spacer with your exhaust that moves the silencer over and makes it so the pipe does not hit the reservior? I had that problem too...so I called the shop I bought it from, and they told me about a spacer that comes with the exhaust...so then I looked in the box my stuff came in and saw it :blah

yeah I did get the spacer, but the darn thing just barely touched the piggyback when the shocks where mildly compressed. All is well now. I made a "jimmyrigged" spacer that drops the silencer about 3/4 inch and it fits perfectly. I am not sure if I got a bad one or what? Everyone else has no complaints on the fitting of the LRD system.

Dave400ex
12-07-2002, 07:02 PM
I have heard about quite a few problems with mounting the LRD. I really like that Pipe though, and it's not real expensive. I would get a Sparks, LRD, Duncan, or a TC.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Thats why I thought it was so strange, mine fit like a glove :D

DESDAK4
12-08-2002, 09:49 AM
Well I can say I spent 4 long months deciding which pipe and at first it was the Stage IV from trinity only to order it and then find out they are fighting with who ever makes there pipes and it would up to 2 months to get my pipe (nice pipe but I am not waiting that long for anybodies pipe) so on with more research which left me ordering the Hetrick pipe and after dealing with Casey and them I am so glad things went wrong the other way. I just wanted to share that for some reason. The Sparks is a nice pipe but you will never convince me it make the power to be worth that amount of money IMO.

Jay
USAF

bmw500hp
12-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jb400exxx
pro circuit T-4!!!! it's a great low to mid pipe, and it sounds sweet. with a K&N filter w/outerwear, and some holes in the lid you'll deffinetly notice a difference.

second that...very sweeeet sound, love the sound

bmw500hp
12-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by yellow400rider

If you don't ever plan to mod much I think you will love a T4...Great sound !!!Great looks!!! 2 mounting bolts (firm mount) Nice fit/finish...but I have my concerns with the mods i want to do now. I did not consider mods when I got it..I may not have got a T-4 if I did....HMF full system ??I dont' know about...

patrick delao
12-08-2002, 10:33 AM
LRD owners .............I am running a Yoshi comp system and was thinking of running the LRD system where is the power at low, mid, top. Have you ran next to a Yoshi and is it louder??? Is the chrome blueing at the head??
thanks
Pat

crashinmatt
12-08-2002, 12:12 PM
all i am gonna say is when i get extra money, the HMF full system is gonna be on my quad. heard some amazing things, plus they r local for me.

Drtridr18
12-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Try the HMF, i just have the slip on, it gave pretty good gains in the low-mid area...i'm really happy with it, great sound too.

yellow400rider
12-08-2002, 02:10 PM
thanks for all the replies regarding HMF :D

A4StrokeGuy
12-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes, the chrome on the headers is blueing, but it duz look pretty sweet. Its not any louder then my WB was, but i also have the s/a for it, but have yet to put it on. The power seems to be awsome on bottom and mid, top to be honest i'm not sure i don't do much top end riding and this is all w/o the correct jet in it!

Jordan

patrick delao
12-08-2002, 02:23 PM
thanks for the info Jordan
pat

crashinmatt
12-08-2002, 07:04 PM
hey to stop the bluein on a chrome pipe, u should try to spray some high temp paint on the inside of the pipe. white works best. but all u have to do is spray it in as far as u can. this should work.

Dave400ex
12-08-2002, 07:09 PM
The new LRD's shouldn't turn blue because they now come Ceramic Coated.

SmokinJoe@PJR
12-10-2002, 06:04 PM
We have gotten some good results modifing the stock 400 pipe...Sounds odd but you would be suprised