PDA

View Full Version : Got a Ipod for free

pro-rider46
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
my friend gave me a gen. 2(i think) nano. he said he uses his phone to listen to music, and i can have his ipod. but i have this ipod, now how do i do anything with it, it has 900 songs, but about half of them are country, and i would like to edit a lot of that, what do i need to do that.

thanks in advance.

07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
download itunes the rest is cake

www.itunes.com

pro-rider46
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
it says that all songs are 99 cents each, how can people afford to listen to music.

07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
well you should NEVER download "morpheus" and then download songs then transfer them to intunes.....tottaly wrong and once again i advise you should NEVER! do it....haha

400exrider707
07-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
it says that all songs are 99 cents each, how can people afford to listen to music.

DL it in something else like limewire, and then drag it in.;)

pro-rider46
07-30-2008, 10:36 PM
400exrider707, i really dont want to DL something like limewire, because its illegal, and im using my dads computer...

z400rider08, you used too big of words for me to understand,lol.

dpizz450
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

z400rider08, you used too big of words for me to understand,lol.

he was kidding around about downloading illegal music. really it's either that or paying for them.

mooseracerX
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Limewire isn't illegal, if it was the government would have already taken it down and off the web.
My $.02

07-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by mooseracerX
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Limewire isn't illegal, if it was the government would have already taken it down and off the web.
My $.02

No it is haha. Its not the government they probly download music illegaly also, its the record companys and metallica, lmfao. Lime wire is the only one they catch people from as of right now. morpheus and some of the newer ones are still golden. I think i heard they were searching bearshare too but im not toooooo sure.

pro-rider46
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
ill check out morpheus, and try to talk to dad about it...

thanks for your help guys.

dirtbike&quad
07-31-2008, 05:17 PM
limewire isn't illegal. youre an idiot. if it was, it wouldve been shut down by now, the government has those powers.

That400exGuy
07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
limewire isn't illegal. youre an idiot. if it was, it wouldve been shut down by now, the government has those powers.

Yeah, limewire ISN'T illegal. I've asked numerous computer teachers and computer techs and they all say the same thing, no its not illegal.

elmer91
07-31-2008, 06:56 PM
what i do for my music is get it from friends, get CDs from the library and put them on the computer, buy the CD. i dont use limewire. i have known of too many bad cases of it hurting the computer.

rancherrider69
07-31-2008, 09:05 PM
download the songs of limewire or whatever you use isnt illegal...it when other people upload off of you when it is illegal....thats when it becomes filesharing...which is illegal

07-31-2008, 09:27 PM

never said limewire its self was illegal...idiot

the whole jist of my post was that file sharing is illegal not the program.

440racer66
07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
your right lime wire the software itself is not illegal. but downloading copyrighted music without paying the company is. a gun isnt illegal. but using it to shoot someone is get what im sayin

8my_Cash
08-01-2008, 09:48 AM
wow are we on this tangent again, do i have to explain this again???

but anyway to get music on your ipod use CDs that you already have and transfer them on to iTunes or use cds from a friend or the mp3s that they have.

easiest legal way that or bite the bullet and buy the cds on iTunes

8my_Cash
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
also morpheus is just as bad a limewire

Ralph
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Just to clear things up. Limewire itself is not illegal. When you download it you have to promise not to use it for downloading copyrighted files.

Using limewire to steal music is illegal...

If i was to buy a mp3 player right now i would buy one that works with the new napster and pay 20 bucks a month for unlimited music.

$.99 a song is out of control and there is no way anyone really expects you to pay for every song that way. Think about it. some of those ipods hold 40,000 songs. You think apple really thinks everyone is going to spend $40,000 to fill it up?

Sjorge450R
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
who ever said morpheous is new and "golden" better start researching.

Its has been around WAY before limewire. That was one of the big ones that came out right after napster was taken down (The first time). Either way, downloading music is wrong, everyone preaches how it is wrong, but lets be serious. Everyone does it.

08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
who ever said morpheous is new and "golden" better start researching.

Its has been around WAY before limewire. That was one of the big ones that came out right after napster was taken down (The first time). Either way, downloading music is wrong, everyone preaches how it is wrong, but lets be serious. Everyone does it.

well then you wouldnt have trouble coming up with some lawsuits filed against people using morpheus? because i know i have read SEVERAL who used limewire and if i remember correctly a couple using bearshare.

any way who gives a flying fruck.

pro-rider46
08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
hmm, i guess, either i will borrow cds from friends, or i will take it to the original owner who used limewire to download it on there for me, that way im not the one who gets boned on illegal downloading.