PDA

View Full Version : 4 questions?

hypersnyper6947
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
1. Is there any other reason other than the coil that would make you loose spark? If so what?

2. I really have 15/33 gearing, i counted it several times, i want to change that but dont want to change the rear because i dont want to legthen the chain, would 13/33 be good?

3. Do any of you ever have your cylinder head cover not go on all the way before you bolt it down, mine like teeter totters for some reason? Any tricks to get it on better?

4. Can you guys post some pics of you wiring, mine is custom i guess, bought it that way, b/c of dirtbike kill switch for a starter button and custon headlight switch and aluminum air box. It does not look all that professional and i would like to fix it.

Thanks

leasureryan
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
1. Is there any other reason other than the coil that would make you loose spark? If so what?

2. I really have 15/33 gearing, i counted it several times, i want to change that but dont want to change the rear because i dont want to legthen the chain, would 13/33 be good?

3. Do any of you ever have your cylinder head cover not go on all the way before you bolt it down, mine like teeter totters for some reason? Any tricks to get it on better?

4. Can you guys post some pics of you wiring, mine is custom i guess, bought it that way, b/c of dirtbike kill switch for a starter button and custon headlight switch and aluminum air box. It does not look all that professional and i would like to fix it.

Thanks

1. CDI possibly, coils can be tested, stator may also be bad

2.yeah it's fine, you won't have as much top end speed, and you will shift sooner, but it will bog less on hill climbs etc.

3.something isn't right there

4.just buy a new wiring harness off ebay. This may actualy have something to do with your no spark problem. Bad switchs, bare wires, anything cold do it.

honda300EXtreme
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM

make sure everything is lining up correctly. make sure the rockers arent catching to top of the valve spring, and make sure the cam lobes are facing down

i would just buy a new wiring harness and fix it to your standards

hypersnyper6947
07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan

2.yeah it's fine, you won't have as much top end speed, and you will shift sooner, but it will bog less on hill climbs etc.

Thanks for the replies

With this gearing it should be a lot lower right, i was between that and 14 up front, i thought since i have 33 in the back that the 13 would be more appropriate. I want to be able to rip a wheelie with out popping the clutch .

justin1022
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the replies

With this gearing it should be a lot lower right, i was between that and 14 up front, i thought since i have 33 in the back that the 13 would be more appropriate. I want to be able to rip a wheelie with out popping the clutch .

well then just just investing in crap ha no yea 13 should be good for the back im not saure what is stock i think 38 though?

07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
you need to spell check your post. half the crap you post i cant even read.:rolleyes: much less anyone else:rolleyes:

krt400ex
07-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
you need to spell check your post. half the crap you post i cant even read.:rolleyes: much less anyone else:rolleyes:

thank you for saying that. i am glad someone else finally did. i have said it to him 2x already :scary:

hypersnyper6947
08-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by justin1022
well then just just investing in crap ha no yea 13 should be good for the back im not saure what is stock i think 38 though?

What are you even saying?

13 would def. be for the front, but it would be like having 39 in the back, i dunno its supposed to be somethink like for every one tooth up front 3 in the back, but since i have 33 i want t go up a lot. Does anybody think 14 will be better, i have 18in rear tires.

Chin_Chilla
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Why is there even a 33 tooth on the rear??? Stock is 38. Smaller on the rear gives you more top end. If you wanna get close to popping wheelies you need to at least get stock ratio on rear, which is 38, then go down 1 from stock on the front which would give you a 14... good luck...

hypersnyper6947
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
^^

When i got the bike it was already like this, i assume that when the previous owner had it and he put on the +2" swing arm he had to get a smaller sproket so that the chain would fit. That is the only thing that i can think of. If anybody knows can i get a longer chian so i can put on a 38t front with the 14t front? I think i will like my 440ex way better with the 14/38.