PDA

View Full Version : A question about 250R lighting

CorvetteZ06
07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey everyone, I am about to hook up some after market lights on my 250R. 1.) What are the 3 wires wire that go to the light(coming from my stock handle switch), I am assuming one is a ground, one for high beam, one for low beam? 2.) the light that I bought have two wires coming from them, one is a ground, and the other power, i know i will connect all the grounds together, but what do i do witht he power wire? Connect both the high and low beam wires from my switch to the power wire on the light? 3.) the 2 lights I got were 50 watts each, and I havent got a chance to get 35w bulbs yet, but what would happen if I ran them with the 50w bulbs, ( i have 2 lights, plus I am running the rear light), could this put the wiring harness in danger? or will it just not give the front lights ample juice for them to have full power? Thank guys!

mxduner
07-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
Hey everyone, I am about to hook up some after market lights on my 250R. 1.) What are the 3 wires wire that go to the light(coming from my stock handle switch), I am assuming one is a ground, one for high beam, one for low beam? 2.) the light that I bought have two wires coming from them, one is a ground, and the other power, i know i will connect all the grounds together, but what do i do witht he power wire? Connect both the high and low beam wires from my switch to the power wire on the light? 3.) the 2 lights I got were 50 watts each, and I havent got a chance to get 35w bulbs yet, but what would happen if I ran them with the 50w bulbs, ( i have 2 lights, plus I am running the rear light), could this put the wiring harness in danger? or will it just not give the front lights ample juice for them to have full power? Thank guys! view the sticky on top about checking electrical.I think the wiring diagram is in there.unfortunately i misplaced my manual and i also cant remember the stock wattage output, if that's what you still got. the best thing to do with the bulbs you have in there, is if you can, replace them with a 3 prong headlight(dual wattage)so you have hi and low.It would be pointless to tie both your hi and low wires together.The higher the wattage bulbs, the dimmer lighting you will have at lower rpms, and i dont think you have to worry about your wiring frying up, but stranger things have happened:confused: