PDA

View Full Version : Title?

exrider12
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Alrite,my friend is trying to sell his cr 85.The people who are buying it need a title.Im the third owner and bought it with out a title. What do i have to do to get a title?

ZeroLogic
07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Its your friend's bike, tell him to go to the DMV with a bill of sale and vin number. Or call them and ask. Atleast thats how I think you do it.:p

450raider
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
you think thats bad? try this one, about the R my brother got about a month ago the guy said it came with a clean title but when he got it all this guy had was that certificate thing that honda gives you from the dealer......from the guy he bought it from not even signed so where in a mess (i have a few of those things myself but they were in my name and i never worried about it) and the title people for some reason wont give my brother a title so im thinkin of just taking the vin and try to get a lost title.... thats all i can come up with

chris46250r
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
you think thats bad? try this one, about the R my brother got about a month ago the guy said it came with a clean title but when he got it all this guy had was that certificate thing that honda gives you from the dealer......from the guy he bought it from not even signed so where in a mess (i have a few of those things myself but they were in my name and i never worried about it) and the title people for some reason wont give my brother a title so im thinkin of just taking the vin and try to get a lost title.... thats all i can come up with

Why do you need it titled in Tennesee? In say 1988 thats all they came with was a Bill of Orgin.

450raider
07-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Why do you need it titled in Tennesee? In say 1988 thats all they came with was a Bill of Orgin.

we dont really need a title but we just like to have em, that way the first guy dont come back from outta nowhere and say its stolen or anything, and i think the title people said it had a lean on it but they wouldnt say how much or anything so that only adds to the confusion...