PDA

View Full Version : ATV/UTV Harescramble SE Ohio

jchurch
07-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Xc Productions Limited will be hosting a three race series on Aug. 2nd, 16th & 30th, 2008. The property is located at Vincent, Ohio which is near Marietta. It is about 1.5 hours SE of Columbus, 1.25 hours north of Charleston WV and 1 hour south of Zanesville, OH at the intersection of OH St Rts 550 & 339.

We will start with mini quads at 8:30, youth production at 9:30, Utv's at 11:00, adult quads at 1:00 and first year racer at 3:30.

Pm me here or email me at jc322205@ohio.edu for further details.

jchurch
08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
XC Productions’ first event has come and gone and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Everyone left safe and, seemingly, happy with the facility. We were able to start very near the advertised start times for all classes. The turnout was a little low, but at least we were not overwhelmed to the point of failure.
We learned soooo much! We had a couple of mistakes that we can easily fix.
First; I need to mark the unused trails better as there was some confusion if a ribbon was accidently broken.
Second; I did not inform the registration girls that the Pro entry was 30.00 instead of the regular 20.00, so the pot was a little less than it would have been otherwise.
Third; Don’t wipe the dust off of the scoring laptop when an active scoring window is open. We made this mistake during the first lap of the adult quad race. It reset the start time thus causing the screwy first lap times that everyone saw. The order and differences were correct, but it actually showed up as negative numbers for the first lap. We have since learned how to correct this when calculating results.
Fourth; Get the plaques ordered earlier. I apologize to everyone who earned one. I will get them to you ASAP.

I want give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who attended. There was not a time all day that I wished I was doing something else. I received tons of positive feedback and some well received constructive criticism. The most impressive thing about this group of riders was the condition they left our property in. After we were finished, I picked up three water bottles, a cigarette package and one chip bag. For that, I'm grateful.

Pro:
Eric Lemlay and Jeff Vensel were putting on one heck of a show for the first couple of laps. Vensel made a banzai move at a creek crossing to take the lead on lap two, but broke later in the lap allowing Lemlay to cruise to victory. By the way, these were the only two to attempt the creek jump that is shown in the “would you hit it” thread. I didn’t personally get to see them, but everyone said that it was pretty cool as the jump is much more intimidating, in person, than it looks in the picture.

1. Eric Lemlay
2. Shane Wears
3. Ryan McVey
4. Kevan Logston
5. Jeff Vensel

Open A
1. Carl Lewis (2nd overall)
2. Luke Ryan Camp

Open B
1. Jeremy Moore
2. Shane Hewitt
3. Josh Shuck