PDA

View Full Version : help choosing quad?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

riggsracin
07-30-2008, 06:51 AM
what would be the best 450 to set up for xc on a budget?
want a 450,
want e start,
want to race xc,

problems i have came up with so far
450er- starting sucks.weak frame around foot pegs?
yfz- batter probs, hard suspension. think only on 04 and 05?
ds - weak frames and axes
ktms- hate them, not very lasting, friends has a ktm450xc and my stock kx250f smokes it in 300ft, and ktms look like an 85 quad racer
ltr- need alot for xc, heard tranny problesm
kfx- heard its the slowerst?
polaris- well its a polaris

i work at a atv shop and my boss is going to take me to an auction so i can get one cheap? leaning towards yfz or kfx, like the reverse?

inputs?

Drewltr450
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
idk what your talking about ktm being bad or polaris. Kawasaki is good to. If you have the $$$ get the ktm xc hands down best quad on earth.

Drewltr450
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
best quad stockk you will have to do almost nothing to the ktm to get it xc compatable.

stoopidbot
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by riggsracin
what would be the best 450 to set up for xc on a budget?
want a 450,
want e start,
want to race xc,

problems i have came up with so far
450er- starting sucks.weak frame around foot pegs?
yfz- batter probs, hard suspension. think only on 04 and 05?
ds - weak frames and axes
ktms- hate them, not very lasting, friends has a ktm450xc and my stock kx250f smokes it in 300ft, and ktms look like an 85 quad racer
ltr- need alot for xc, heard tranny problesm
kfx- heard its the slowerst?
polaris- well its a polaris

i work at a atv shop and my boss is going to take me to an auction so i can get one cheap? leaning towards yfz or kfx, like the reverse?

inputs?

I don't know where you get your info. Not all TRX's have crappy starting. Mine fires up no problem everytime. And for the KTM, WHAT!? KTM makes some of the best machines around. Of course a dirt bike is gonna beat it in a 300ft. drag. Look at how much faster bikes take off. The KFX has one of the slowest top speeds but one of the best acceleration. What's wrong with Polaris? Kind of heavy but it runs a KTM motor(but according to you they don't last) and comes stock with Fox Shocks. You need to do some more research.

represent618
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Your research is not realy factual, but is opion based.

Ask who should be the next president and you can argue all day, just like picking a quad. They all have good qualities, some have some "issues", but you would be happy with any of them.

Point to remember: You are not a pro, your going to get rocked by any 450 on the market. Trust me, pick what you like best and buy it....or buy what you can get the best deal on.

riggsracin
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
i cant afford a ktm

Drewltr450
07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by represent618
Your research is not realy factual, but is opion based.

Ask who should be the next president and you can argue all day, just like picking a quad. They all have good qualities, some have some "issues", but you would be happy with any of them.

Point to remember: You are not a pro, your going to get rocked by any 450 on the market. Trust me, pick what you like best and buy it....or buy what you can get the best deal on.
so true they are all good just get what you like.

riggsracin
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
thats just stuff i have heard

riggsracin
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
thanks for helping me so far, what do u think about 07 yfz450

HondaRaceReady
07-30-2008, 08:20 PM
thanks for helping me so far, what do u think about 07 yfz450
I think you'll have nothing but problems with it and you'll wish you got the honda. About same power, but more reliable.

BlaineKaiser450
07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
id get the honda

400exrider707
07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Keep doing research!;)

It's going to come down to what YOU want. None of us here can tell you what to get. Everyone has different tastes and needs.