PDA

View Full Version : Idle problems

BarkBuster73
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
My friends brute force 650 will not idle. Mid and top end is great. It will idle when cold than just stall. You have to open the throttle to get it re-fired. He bought it with a moose "power module" but he put the stock one back in.???? The quad is all stock with stock jetting. I played with the pilots and idle knob. It sounds to me like a race engine loading up. Any ideas?

dirkdiglar
07-31-2008, 06:55 AM
is the belt light flashing?? i put one of those power module's on mine and it triggered the belt sensor and put my atv into limp mode. i took it off and had to reset the codes on my bike.

BarkBuster73
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
No flashing lights, but can you tell me how to reset the codes?

dirkdiglar
08-01-2008, 07:57 AM
if the belt light isnt flashing then its probably not in limp mode but here it is anyways. i have a 750 so i dont know if it is the same.. on the 750 you need to take the seat off and look towards the back where the tools are, you should see a gray 5 point that is not connected to anything and a black 5 point that is connected. unhook the black 5 point and hook it into the gray one and turn your key switch on for 5 seconds, turn the key off and unhook the 2 point connector (which is down on the belt cover) and turn the key on again for 5 seconds (the 2 point will not hook into anything you just let it hang by itself). turn off the key and hook the 2 point back together turn your key on for 5 seconds then back off. lastly, unhook the gray and black and hook the black back up to its original connector and then it should be cleared. hope it works for you.

if your gray and black connectors are not under the seat they may be down by the belt cover where the 2 point connector is. good luck