PDA

View Full Version : How much to ask for this KFX400

firstturn
07-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I am going to be putting my girlfriend's KFX400 up for sale soon, but don't really have an idea what to price it at. It is really too much for her motor wise. Any idea what something like this is going for:

2003 KFX400
Motor:
- Yoshimura 449 cc kit
- Yoshimura Ti head pipe/carbon fiber exhaust
- Yoshimura modified airbox/intake
- K&N Filter
- FCR40

Chassis:
- Roll Design Gussetted and powdercoated
- Roll Design swing arm - Gust replica
- Roll Design A-Arms
- Dominator Axle w/Honda brake hub
- Roll Design extended steering shaft
- Galfer +3 front brake lines
- Roll Design rear linkage
- Elka Elite rear shock
- Elka Elite front shocks
- Tag Bars
- IMS pegs/heel guards
- AC nerf bars/skid plate/bumper

Misc:
- Brand new plastic/graphics (not shown in this photo)
- Quad Tech seat (not shown in this photo)
- PC Products nose piece (not shown in this photo)
- Spare stock (original motor)
- Twist throttle (plus spare thumb throttle assembly)
- And of course a bunch of spares (plastics, seat, head lights, two subframes, etc.)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/firstturn/KFX400001-1.jpg

QuadRid3r442
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
not saying this is too high or too low, but maybe 5k at the most. you need to see that its an 03. I have a 03 ltz full of stuff like this one(new 435 motor) and was thinking to sell it for around 4. i dunno ud be better off parting in a way but thats a pain. but yeah id say 5k the highest and 4k the lowest. nice kfx though btw

justin1022
07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by firstturn
I am going to be putting my girlfriend's KFX400 up for sale soon, but don't really have an idea what to price it at. It is really too much for her motor wise. Any idea what something like this is going for:

2003 KFX400
Motor:
- Yoshimura 449 cc kit
- Yoshimura Ti head pipe/carbon fiber exhaust
- Yoshimura modified airbox/intake
- K&N Filter
- FCR40

Chassis:
- Roll Design Gussetted and powdercoated
- Roll Design swing arm - Gust replica
- Roll Design A-Arms
- Dominator Axle w/Honda brake hub
- Roll Design extended steering shaft
- Galfer +3 front brake lines
- Roll Design rear linkage
- Elka Elite rear shock
- Elka Elite front shocks
- Tag Bars
- IMS pegs/heel guards
- AC nerf bars/skid plate/bumper

Misc:
- Brand new plastic/graphics (not shown in this photo)
- Quad Tech seat (not shown in this photo)
- PC Products nose piece (not shown in this photo)
- Spare stock (original motor)
- Twist throttle (plus spare thumb throttle assembly)
- And of course a bunch of spares (plastics, seat, head lights, two subframes, etc.)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/firstturn/KFX400001-1.jpg

you forgot to mension the bedlocks ha around hear in canad aa quad like that goes for 6 just put it up for 5500 and then people will call and want to go down a bit and id only drop to 5k its a nice quad man

jayblazer
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
if you part it out i might be interested in the yoshi head and air box send me a pm as to what you would be wanting.

airmobile101
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I think you can nail down $5000.00 .

QuadRid3r442
07-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by airmobile101
I think you can nail down $5000.00 .

yeah u said it. and thats private selling. thats not even a dealer. a dealer would say a lot less. I cant even sell mine to a dealer because what trail riders gonna want a 435 that takes almost 12$ per gallon gas? lol

airmobile101
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by QuadRid3r442
yeah u said it. and thats private selling. thats not even a dealer. a dealer would say a lot less. I cant even sell mine to a dealer because what trail riders gonna want a 435 that takes almost 12$ per gallon gas? lol
Well, that is from a racer perspective,I know what he has and I know it would cost me alot more than $5000.00 to build that. A weekend warrior probably wouldnt pay that. I would. BUT, your best bet is to part it out!!!

QuadRid3r442
07-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by airmobile101
Well, that is from a racer perspective,I know what he has and I know it would cost me alot more than $5000.00 to build that. A weekend warrior probably wouldnt pay that. I would. BUT, your best bet is to part it out!!!

yeah usually "weekend warriors" lol like myself try to bargain lower than that lol. well i have seen 450r's(ltr, kfx, trx) sell for like 7,000. but most of them are in the 5's and 400's are lower than that.

07-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
you forgot to mension the bedlocks ha around hear in canad aa quad like that goes for 6 just put it up for 5500 and then people will call and want to go down a bit and id only drop to 5k its a nice quad man

dude, you need to learn how to type. and those arent beadlocks those are baja's. i mean just proof read ur post before you post em. its hard to understand what ure saying.:rolleyes:

airmobile101
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
dude, you need to learn how to type. and those arent beadlocks those are baja's. i mean just proof read ur post before you post em. its hard to understand what ure saying.:rolleyes:
lol, Yea, I was looking at those myself and thinking Baja's also.