PDA

View Full Version : Southern mx tracks?

BLU82
07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I live in CT and in the winter I head south for a week or two to practice. Last year I went to Hardrock which was fun but I like to switch it up. So where else is there to go? Anywhere that's 65 degrees or up in Feburary would be fine. And a place that is open practice all week and will let me camp there would be my only requirements. Thanks Southern mx'ers!

bcg717
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
How far south you looking to go?

www.durhamtown.com Down here in Ga is great.

Over 60 miles of of one-way, well-marked trails
7 Mile swamp trail loop with jumps for fun
8 different motocross tracks for all types of riders
Freestyle ramps
1 PEEWEE tracks for the kids 50-70 cc
1 Beginner track up to 125 cc
1/8 mile Flat Track
DRAG STRIP (dirt)
Over 8,000 acres of (over 80 miles ATV/Dirt Bike marked trails from Beginner to Experienced)
Pine woods (both tight and open trails), Hardwood ridges, 7 miles of river bottoms, woods, enduro and hare scramble trails and much more to explore.

gcart2
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BLU82
I live in CT and in the winter I head south for a week or two to practice. Last year I went to Hardrock which was fun but I like to switch it up. So where else is there to go? Anywhere that's 65 degrees or up in Feburary would be fine. And a place that is open practice all week and will let me camp there would be my only requirements. Thanks Southern mx'ers!

i got two for you.

live oak and reddick.

both are clay and vey fun. live oak has a 95-115' table that is fun and reddick has a awesome double double rhythm section. both are in north florida.

if you go to www.ssqsa.com they have a list of taracks in fllroida that we will be running this season.

have fun and keep the rubber side down :macho

PS: i took a nasty spill at live oak in the woops. outcome was a nice concussion.

redlineranger
07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Mill Creek in Pell City, Alabama

unfortunately one of the baddest tracks i know of here in Bama is about 15 mins up the road named Monster Mountain. but they dont let 4wheelers ride so it sucks.

you could find a butt load of them in Georgia, Alabama, Florida panhandle, hell all over the place.

trx400exxracer
07-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by bcg717
How far south you looking to go?

www.durhamtown.com Down here in Ga is great.

Over 60 miles of of one-way, well-marked trails
7 Mile swamp trail loop with jumps for fun
8 different motocross tracks for all types of riders
Freestyle ramps
1 PEEWEE tracks for the kids 50-70 cc
1 Beginner track up to 125 cc
1/8 mile Flat Track
DRAG STRIP (dirt)
Over 8,000 acres of (over 80 miles ATV/Dirt Bike marked trails from Beginner to Experienced)
Pine woods (both tight and open trails), Hardwood ridges, 7 miles of river bottoms, woods, enduro and hare scramble trails and much more to explore.

I second this place. If you don't like red clay, then you could go to Broad River ( http://www.broadriveratvandmxpark.com/) it only has one big mx track and alot of trails, but its a very nice place.

MX450
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
Mill Creek in Pell City, Alabama

unfortunately one of the baddest tracks i know of here in Bama is about 15 mins up the road named Monster Mountain. but they dont let 4wheelers ride so it sucks.

you could find a butt load of them in Georgia, Alabama, Florida panhandle, hell all over the place.

I wouldnt say a buttload in GA... most of the tracks dont let quads ride.

Mill Creek only allows quads one saturday a month. Durhamtown its open all week but the mx track is VERY dusty still fun though. Only other good track in GA really is Bremen, and last I checked quads could only practice on Wednesdays, or race on Sat nights.

redlineranger
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MX450
I wouldnt say a buttload in GA... most of the tracks dont let quads ride.

Mill Creek only allows quads one saturday a month. Durhamtown its open all week but the mx track is VERY dusty still fun though. Only other good track in GA really is Bremen, and last I checked quads could only practice on Wednesdays, or race on Sat nights.

really? man i hate to hear that alot of these tracks are shuttin quads down. i know they were tryin to phase us out 2 or 3 years ago but i havent been into the quad scene or the motocross scene altogether in about a year and a half.

there one more that i know of but i cant think of the name, its right on the side of I-85 North. its a well known, top tier track in Alabama but i cant think of the name, its the sister track to Mill Creek. supposedly there supposed to be let quads run but i really dont know.

BLU82
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Durhamtown sounds good, are there 8 little tracks or are they all good sized? I'm willing go pretty far south too.

BLU82
08-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Anywhere else? I need to plan ahead. I might just go back to Hardrock and drive up to Waldo for half the time. IDK yet.

gcart2
08-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Anywhere else? I need to plan ahead. I might just go back to Hardrock and drive up to Waldo for half the time. IDK yet.

i dont know if your are into jumping but if you are waldo sucks. has like 2 doubles and a couple crappy tables. they got rid of "mount waldo".

live oak is right beneath i 10. its a must.

hardrock is a good choice.

08-13-2008, 11:32 AM
some love it some hate it... Hardrock MX in Ocala, FL they have a ton of different tracks and stuff, pretty cheap, and its like your guaranteed to see a pro on the main track every week lol And as gcart2 said check out Live Oak. If you want something different check out Croom, its right next to I-75 at the 50/98 exit. 2,600 acres of trails, pits, cliffs its a pretty neat place. I've seen a lot of pro's there too

gcart2
08-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
some love it some hate it... Hardrock MX in Ocala, FL they have a ton of different tracks and stuff, pretty cheap, and its like your guaranteed to see a pro on the main track every week lol And as gcart2 said check out Live Oak. If you want something different check out Croom, its right next to I-75 at the 50/98 exit. 2,600 acres of trails, pits, cliffs its a pretty neat place. I've seen a lot of pro's there too

yea my a foxhondarider love crooms.

theres lots of big sand pits, trails, jumps, all kinds of stuff. deffinately worth spending a day there. they also have a camp ground where you can stay and they even have a hotel.

5 stars

heres some info for you

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/with_croom_motor.htm

bcg717
08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Durhamtown sounds good, are there 8 little tracks or are they all good sized? I'm willing go pretty far south too.

They are pretty good sized tracks. There are some out next to the parking lot and there are some out in the woods. My first time their i didnt even find all the tracks. It is deff. a place you could spend more than one day at.

Ex_Rider43
08-13-2008, 10:50 PM
We also go down south for 2 weeks and were from canada ,

last year we only did Waldo and hardrock , waldo was way better in 07 , now its almost a flattrack.

deff. check out live oak , we loved it this year ,

we also went to Bithlo near Orlando which was good but dont stay there more than 2 days... its a lot of sand and the woman there was pretty weird..

you NEED to spend some time at PAx Trax in Bunnell near daytona , we loved the track , its all tabletops and they maintain the track really good , you can also ride there at night until 10 on some days.

gcart2
08-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43

last year we only did Waldo and hardrock , waldo was way better in 07 , now its almost a flattrack.

we also went to Bithlo near Orlando which was good but dont stay there more than 2 days... its a lot of sand and the woman there was pretty weird..

you NEED to spend some time at PAx Trax in Bunnell near daytona , we loved the track , its all tabletops and they maintain the track really good , you can also ride there at night until 10 on some days.

x2 on pax trax

not much a fan on bithlo and waldo.

BLU82
11-16-2008, 07:07 PM
It's almost time to start calling around and get set to go. I think it's between Pax trax and durhamtown now. I looked up some videos on youtube and durhamtown looked dusty? Am I right? And I've also heard about a place called atv motoplex or something? Any feedback on that? Thanks again for all your help. It's hard to judge what's what when your 1000 miles away.

GOTFEAR
11-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I live in CT and in the winter I head south for a week or two to practice. Last year I went to Hardrock which was fun but I like to switch it up. So where else is there to go? Anywhere that's 65 degrees or up in Feburary would be fine. And a place that is open practice all week and will let me camp there would be my only requirements. Thanks Southern mx'ers! yo i spent a week in hard rock last wenter and other tracks around it had a blast.

powermadd400ex
11-16-2008, 08:55 PM
i can 3rd D-town, that place is great. yes it is dusty, but it is still awesome, if it wasnt 5 hours away from me i would meet ya over there :(

11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
while your down deffinately check out Croom in Brooksville, FL right off I-75 at the SR50 exit. I mean right when you get off because its next to the highway. Cool place, almost every pro has ridden there at some point and theres a lot of different types of terrain. Hardrock has so many tracks thats a great place. I hear good things about live oak too.

BLU82
12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Is Pax open all week?

CTmxyfz
12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
All days but tuesday i think. Let me know if you want to go for a week in Feb. Ill go with you, and you know i used to live in Orlando for two years

Croom, Pax, Hardrock, Bithlo, Waldo, Amp Extreme, are all ones i rode but there are more south and more north.

Alger #388

I made friends with a guy and his son when i was there and im sure we could stay at his place. He lives in deltona between orlanod and daytona.

I plan on going for a week in Feb if one of the kawis is ready

CTmxyfz
12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43

Haha that ****** hated me, always had an attitude and stuff lol. I called her a dude once she didnt like that.

Pax has SWEET berms too

BLU82
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Nice. I'll let you know. I have the motorhome so I can camp out, but the house idea sounds good to lol. I'd like to get a whole group going. It would be alot of fun. I'm going Feb. 14th to the 22nd.

BLU82
12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Justin I just found out that I need surgery on my shoulder and might not be able to go. This sucks. I might have enough time to heal though. Idk yet.

tater_kamik
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
i love durhamtown as well. very well laid out, professional and friendly. the trails are one way and well marked/ taken care of. the food is great, power wash stations, basically all the parts you need for the most part, a shop, on site mechanic, tire shop, etc. mike runs it quite well and its a great place to ride no matter what the riding you do is. and just in case, there are call stations all around so if ya get in trouble... and the mx tracks are quite nice as well. theres a fun pit there too forget the name of it but its all on a map.

XCpred
12-20-2008, 07:57 AM
I don't know when the last time you guys went to durham town was but we were out there last weekend and the big mx track is horrible now. They changed almost the entire track and I personally hate it. The only fun part left is the big table top and the big step up. Now all the other tracks are still fun, I just thought i'd let ya'll in on the changes for the big track.

CTmxyfz
12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope to be going anyway in feb. i need to start getting money somehow?!?! to rebuild my kawis