PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I should.. (exhaust ?)

Hondamaster5505
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone.

Recently I have been working at my dads shop to rebuild the shee. I already made $100, so I will be close to rebuiling it soon.

Now that I have a banshee, im not worried about making the most power with my 400ex.

I LOVE my DMC, and the power it makes is flat out awesome, but I was actually thinking about trading it for another exhaust. I'll miss the power, but was thinking I would like a deeper sounding exhaust. The dmc sounds nice, but is just a hair raspy, and I want a deep 4-stroke sound.

If I trade, I also want something that makes almost as much power as the DMC.

What would you guys do? If it was your secondary bike, would you go for power or sound?

I think sparks and yoshi sound the best. Just getting some opinions on this subject

trx400EXtreme
07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
it's been said before, you cant go wrong with HMF. they're cheaper than most, sound GREAT, and honestly i dont think you would feel a bit of difference between the two pipes.

Hondamaster5505
07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
it's been said before, you cant go wrong with HMF. they're cheaper than most, sound GREAT, and honestly i dont think you would feel a bit of difference between the two pipes.

Idk.. Is HMF a really deep sounding pipe? its the only reason im considering doing this..

I want something with still decent power but a throaty sound.

400ex28
07-28-2008, 08:00 PM
sparks or tc

Honda#4
07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
If you want deep throaty get a white bros and take the SA off.

Hondamaster5505
07-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
If you want deep throaty get a white bros and take the SA off.

well, I still want it to make good power. Im not the one to be loud for no apparent reason at all, that just pisses people off. lol.

I like when its real smooth too. Kinda like the motoworks.

idk, ill look around. Im really debating because i love the power curve of this pipe.

honda729
07-28-2008, 08:32 PM
no sense dropping 200+ bucks on an exhaust that you might not like as much just for the sound of it. keep the dmc if thats what you like and try taking you air box lid off or a 450r carb for a little deeper sound. just my 2 cents worth.

Honda#4
07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Actually Trinity has a nice sounding pipe too, but if it was me in your position i'd go with a sparks.

Hondamaster5505
07-28-2008, 08:41 PM
If no one has a trade, ill see if I can get what I want for the dmc, its already posted in the for sale section.

The two I was really looking at are Sparks and LRD. LRD's arent that expensive on ebay, and i personally think they sound just awesome.

Sparks are up there in price, but maybe i can pull it off.

I know both these pipes make good power, and for what the 400 will be, im sure they're fine.

Hondamaster5505
07-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Actually Trinity has a nice sounding pipe too, but if it was me in your position i'd go with a sparks.

trinity does sound pretty nice..

my88r
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM
take the air box lid off. maybe a sparks timing key.

Honda#4
07-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Repoman use to have a sparks exhaust for sale idk if he has it or not.

Your pipe doesnt sound terribly bad really but its always nice to try something else.

Ruby Soho
07-29-2008, 08:46 AM
my whitebros mx4 sounds sweet..:D

justin1022
07-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Hey everyone.

Recently I have been working at my dads shop to rebuild the shee. I already made $100, so I will be close to rebuiling it soon.

Now that I have a banshee, im not worried about making the most power with my 400ex.

I LOVE my DMC, and the power it makes is flat out awesome, but I was actually thinking about trading it for another exhaust. I'll miss the power, but was thinking I would like a deeper sounding exhaust. The dmc sounds nice, but is just a hair raspy, and I want a deep 4-stroke sound.

If I trade, I also want something that makes almost as much power as the DMC.

What would you guys do? If it was your secondary bike, would you go for power or sound?

I think sparks and yoshi sound the best. Just getting some opinions on this subject

a pipes a pipe the only reaso nyo uget a pipe is for more exaust flow for your engine mods:scary: get hmf my frined had one on his dvx and it was deeper and louder then a sparks .

Hondamaster5505
07-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Repoman use to have a sparks exhaust for sale idk if he has it or not.

Your pipe doesnt sound terribly bad really but its always nice to try something else.

It does sound pretty good. Just wish it was a HAIR deeper..

Like I said, ill probably end up keeping it, unless someone with a sparks or somethin comes along.

HMF ironmans also sound pretty damn awesome..

07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
a pipes a pipe the only reaso nyo uget a pipe is for more exaust flow for your engine mods:scary: get hmf my frined had one on his dvx and it was deeper and louder then a sparks .

huh?:rolleyes:

my88r
07-29-2008, 10:30 PM

spell check:eek2:

07-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by my88r
spell check:eek2:

fo sho:huh

Hondamaster5505
07-30-2008, 06:21 AM

Well, first of all, that first sentence was a mess:eek2:

And, I disagree with that statement.. Have you ever heard of Cobra and the old DG RCM?

Well, they actually make your quad lose power. My dad put a cobra on his warrior a while back and took it right back off. It made it louder, obnoxious, and actually lost power.

So more flow doesn't always mean more power..

Duke Nukem
07-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I wish you could here the sound of my custom made pipe, you would love it. To bad it's a one off system.

tim colston
07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
If it is a deep throaty sound and proven gains. LRD all the way. There is nothing wrong with the other suggestion just my opinion.