PDA

View Full Version : owners manual

ktMan
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
wish i had of read it more thorough the first time because noone told me about this yet. page 57 talks about the ignition curve plug in on the 525!! why did no one mention this, as soon as i read it i ran out and un plugged the damn thing. anyone else do this yet?

outlaw450mxr
07-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't have a ktm and I'm kind of glad, this kid i know has one and he said when he unplugs the thing it's so much more powerful, to bad its broken like 5 times in the 4 or 5 months hes had it...

ktMan
07-29-2008, 07:06 PM
well thats good mine runs fine. but for those who care un plugging this adds alot of power. it was noticable through all the gears and pretty sure top speed was increased. i was on the trails that i normaly ride and could not believe the difference. im guessing that this wire just lets me rev higher? anyone tell me what this does for sure, and are there any fown sides in the long run?

outlaw450mxr
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Haha I'm sorry if i came off as a dick but thats not what i was trying to say, I like the ktm, just hear people having a lot of problems, and I do care about the plug, because i wish they put it on the outlaw lol.

ktMan
07-30-2008, 03:44 PM
i hear ya now.. but ya i never knew it was on mine, ive had the bike for close to 6 months and just found out now. i knew the can am 450s have a wire that you cut/dis connect. but what is it doin for my bike? just allowing more revs??

mcracer
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey here is an idea, put the ktm hard parts button on then you can change it to and from hot and soft mode