PDA

View Full Version : High Comp Piston

Drewltr450
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Ok so i took my motor apart to put in my high compression piston how to i remove the stock piston to put on the hi comp one?. Do i have to take the WHOLE engine apart and remove the crank and go get it pressed out or is there an easier way??

450Rchaser
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Not tryin to be a smart***** but if you took your whole motor apart and dont even no how to put a piston in. How are you gonna get it back together and the engine in time and running.

bikebandit.com is a good place to go and look to see how something comes apart. it gives you a breakdown of 90% of your bike.

take the clip of the end of the pin. slide the pin out. Put your new pin and piston on the rod. DO NOT drop the clip that goes back on the pin. Theres a good chance it would go down in your case if it didnt come off and peg you in the eye.

450Rchaser
07-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Look under crankshaft. Shows a good pic of the rod, piston, pin, and clips.
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/suzuki-atv-lt-r450-2006/o/m9830

Drewltr450
07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
alright awesome i understand it now i just didn't know if there was a clip on if it was pressed in. Cause in my old dirtbike it was pressed in and i had to take the crank out to get it removed so i just wanted to make sure before i went any further.