PDA

View Full Version : needle

honda400ex2003
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey guys,I was wondering what happens when you move the needle to the 4th notch from the 3rd notch? I have a major brain fart today and can not remember which. I thought about it and decided it was making it leaner then I did it to my fourwheeler to lean it out and it studders now. I have everything listed in my sig except the needle is on the 4th notch now. It has been humid and about 80 degrees and it has been doggy now. When I jetted it to the 155 it ran great but it was 60 and not a drop of humidity. honda#4 and I have been tossing stuff around to see what works best. i found this was great till the last few days. I don't have anything smaller than a 155 dj so i have to use that unless I buy individuals in town at the dealer. Thanks steve

SET THE STAGE
07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
you just need to kind of think about what's actually happening when you do that, helps me

if you move the clip down, it's going to force the needle up a little more allowing more fuel to come out. so moving the clip down will richen it. if you're wanting to lean it out, you'll want to move it UP. try the 2nd notch maybe.

honda400ex2003
07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
thanks I got confused thinking it was letting more air through until I rode it and it was even more doggy. thanks again steve