PDA

View Full Version : It wont start again.

Speedy 400ex
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I have been using my cousins Raptor 350 Well my dad has. but it dident get run for like 7 or 8 months and we just used it twice and now it doesent want to start again. it was in the shop 8 months ago. Do u think it is the bad gas guming up the carb?

keglassg
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
sounds like it could be the carb but its just a speculation

racers
08-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Probably has something stuck in the jets (gummed up or dirt) Does it fire at all ? pop? fart ? sneeze?Does the adding choke change anything? Try to run ? run then quit or just nothin' but turn over ? Pull the plug and Check for spark . If no spark - is it wet with fuel ?Check coil for spark check fuses,check all wire connectors. Also check your parking brake lever assy. if the handle bar parking brake actuator (the casting the lever pulls ) , is not fully bottomed in the parking brake brake "off "position the machine won't get spark. If it has spark (whitish blue, not red)Then drain all your fuel , Carb also, put in fresh gas . Remove the carb or just the float bowl only (remove throttle cable from carb and turn carb sideways ) be careful of the float arrangement and parts when removing them . Remove and check the jets for debris or gumming up, blow out (with compressed air ) all the holes you can find in the carb. clean jets with spray carb cleaner and check the jets for debris or gumming up, try to find something non-metal to clear out the jets if needed . if all that doesn't help might be a broken connection somewhere or a cdi box .somewhere Just tryin' to help.