PDA

View Full Version : 400ex motor

wicked-ride
07-27-2008, 08:50 PM
alright so my motor makes a loud ticking noise on the top of the motor. the motor just got new rings put in.and the valves were adjusted right.im thinking if it could be the pressure release valve thing.because i think its the valves that are making that loud noise it keeps getting louder..and now when i rev it sounds like i hear a scraping sound

rideracelivemx7
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
yes mostlikley sounds like your decompresion valve was installed wrong. i think your suposed to install and rotate clock wise or something, i dont know, i remember reading somewere about it. i run hc so i dont have one and never gotten the pleasure of dealing with them:cool:

honda300EXtreme
07-27-2008, 11:11 PM
im leaning more towards the idea of the cam chain,

could be a faulty tensioner,
or a stretched cam chain

all things to look into

bugsy
07-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I have the same problem with my 400ex. Where is the decompression thing located? I need to check it out. Thanks

justin1022
07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by wicked-ride
alright so my motor makes a loud ticking noise on the top of the motor. the motor just got new rings put in.and the valves were adjusted right.im thinking if it could be the pressure release valve thing.because i think its the valves that are making that loud noise it keeps getting louder..and now when i rev it sounds like i hear a scraping sound

the decompression could be *stuck* undoo those to caps to get tdc and line it up then go quickly and hard with the racken back and forth from clock wise to counter clockwise it should break it loose if it doesnt change then just start pulling it apart.. why did you even pull it apat? lol if you did rings you just pul the head and crap you dont have to touch the decomression...

justin1022
07-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by justin1022
the decompression could be *stuck* undoo those to caps to get tdc and line it up then go quickly and hard with the racken back and forth from clock wise to counter clockwise it should break it loose if it doesnt change then just start pulling it apart.. why did you even pull it apat? lol if you did rings you just pul the head and crap you dont have to touch the decomression...

rachet*