PDA

View Full Version : valves, springs rockers etc..

ben_400ex
07-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Just wondering all you guys out there who have done 440's and 460's with stage 3 hotcam what did you replace in terms of valve train parts...
I'm thinking of sticking with the origional valves and rockers and fitting new stock springs and retainers should this all hold up ok?
i'm running 12:1 compression

drew416ex
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I ahve a stage 3 in my 440 stroker with all stock parts and havnt had any problems. It wouldnt hurt to put some new springs in though.

rideracelivemx7
07-27-2008, 09:19 PM
well depends on how old the bike is, to be smart, replace the valves, check your springs with a micrometer the inner spring is suposed to be 36.6mm or 1.43inches the outer is suposed to be 43.1mm or 1.7 inches. if you run hot cams you dont have to do rockers, all stock. i dropped the intake valves in the cylinder for using stock. i dont know if its becuase it was an 01 or becuase oem coudlnt handle it but i got kibblewhite on motosport. good prices. about the same price everywere else. but yeah, depends on how old the bike is, will determine if you do new seals. you dont have to do any clips or anything, its pretty much just a drop in deal and bam, start the hog and go

ben_400ex
08-03-2008, 07:23 PM
i've been told you need to run hard faced rockers with heavy duty springs like the kibblewhite ones, does anyone know if this is correct?

drew416ex
08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
you dont have to with hotcams. If it were a webcam, sparks, or some other cam that has been ground and rewelded, then you need the hd rockers and possibly the springs. The hd springs are a plus though if you are running a real high compression piston.