PDA

View Full Version : 1st and 2nd sputter....

wes350x
07-27-2008, 05:11 PM
I have a problem that has been flustering me with my bike. Everytime I almost get into the powerband only in 1st and 2nd it sputters, like it wants to foul a plug, but after that it hits the powerband great. Ive tried many different reeds, some make it worse, and different jetting. The bike is supposed to have a sparks built stroker with a yz piston, etc....and it take 110+ ocatane to run. Anyone have any suggestions to what I can try next. Ive tried v-force and a few different cr cage setups. v-force ran like crap, cr seems to run better in the bike.

86 Quad R
07-28-2008, 01:02 AM
does it only do it after initial start up(after proper warming)? or does it do it after each and every time the engine has been shut off and set for a few?

its been my experience that most all 2 strokes need to have their "throats cleared" so to speak. some more tan others and it realy depends on how things are set up with combinations of porting, carb, jetting, reed cage and how restrictive the induction system is verses jetting ect.

i currently run 5 2 strkes and each of them need the throats cleared from time to time. especially on initial startup.

wes350x
07-29-2008, 11:18 PM
It does it all the time, but less when it has a new plug. After a few rides the starts over, BUT even with the new plug on v-force reeds it sputtered? Next option for me is the rad valve. Maybe it could be my pipe, its a trinity stg 4. anyone know any info on it? Is it a decent pipe?