PDA

View Full Version : Blown shock... Custom Axis?

bushwesl
07-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I just finished up my LSR 250R build this weekend and decided I'd take it to the track for it's debut ride. I didn't even make it around the track once before blowing my rear shock:mad: I bought the front and rear shocks used and instead of having them rebuilt/valved for me prior to installing/riding, I figured I'd give them a try and see what they were like. Obviously that mentality bit me in the ***.

Anyway... so I was wondering what everyone's experiences were like when dealing with Custom Axis for rebuilds/re-valves? How is their turn around time? I plan on sending my shocks (front and rear) out tomorrow morning. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, because aside from this setback the R is ready to roll.

250rmike
07-27-2008, 06:45 PM
not sure about the turn around at axis but i do know now is a bad time to get anything being that it is summer break and everyone is getting there bikes ready for the rest of the season. so turn around is going to be slower than if you were to get them done during the season(meaning while before and after the summer break). but what can you do you need them rebuilt. there are other companys that rebuild shocks also so if axis cant get them done fast enough try calling one of the rebuild companys gt thunder c&d racing(our site sponsor)

bushwesl
07-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I was considering taking them elsewhere, but I figured if I needed them to be re-sprung or any parts, etc they would most likely have them all on hand. Whereas another company would have to probably order the springs/parts, which would take longer. But like you said, it's a bad time of year probably anywhere to get them done.

fultz416ex
07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
send it to toby at moto-xperts in lafayette IN. he rebuilt my axis rear shock on my old quad and re-valved my current rear shock. let him work his magic on it and you will be happy.

esr250r86
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Axis are really nice to deal with and if you need it fast they will get it done for you fast.they have good customer service :)

400exrider707
07-31-2008, 08:23 AM
I send all brands of shocks that I need rebuilt to C&D racing. Excellent customer service, and they're racers themselves so they know you want your stuff back ASAP.