PDA

View Full Version : holeshot bog

bnesbitt2
07-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I have a 2007 trx 90 with a 114 big bore kit,racing head and a 22mm mikuni carb,the intake that came with it will not allow me to mount the carb do to the starter being in the way,so i ported out the stock intake to match the carb.I now have a bad bog coming off the line starting in 2nd gear with engine reved out.1rst gear isnt much better.plug looks tan so idont know if its rich or lean it also misses sometimes at high rpm on the straightaways.any ideas on where to start?

TEXWS6
07-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Several factors could be causing this, it got us a couple of times early on in the season.

Too much traction. What tires are you running? If they are the Eton style, shave two rows of knobbies.

Too much throttle. Some may not agree, but I had my daughter starting with the throttle pinned and we have adopted a strategy of reving it up and down to start off.

bnesbitt2
07-28-2008, 05:09 PM
We are running the 18 inch snohogs,this problem didnt start until we put the new carb on so i assume its a jetting problem but the plug looks great,tan in color.or the intake mabey anyone have trouble mounting a different carb with the electric start?