PDA

View Full Version : Electrical ? Neutral light on w/clutch engaged

GrAnSpOrT
07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
As the subject indicates. when I'm in gear and engage the clutch to shift the neutral light comes on.

History:

Newly used frame and subframe painted. Painted a-arms.
All seperatly done. Put together now.

Installed 460 stroker motor.

Installed curtis sparks x-6 ehaust.

Ran and started fine for 3hours. No problems. Did one wheely and a hard drop back down on dirt. No start no lights no neurtal light. Pulled to get started.

Checked out no lights and no start problem. Bad ground at subframe. New paint not allowing ground path from subframe to frame. Removed all bolts to subframe and sanded to metal reinstalled bolts. Great ground to engine and subframe...removed ignition coil and sanded to metal for ground wires at coil. Starts and runs. Have no problems with head\tail lights now..

Crazy thing is driving me insane.

In neutral the light is on and starts. Put in gear no light no start. Normal operation. Grap clutch lever pull hear safety switch engage and neutral light comes on.

I know this is alot of reading. I am an ASE auto tech. No tech bulletins for know trouble shooting on quads.

Thanks Jason

actionemt2
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok I had this happen over the weekend when I removed my front plastics. There are 3 separate wires that go to your ignition,well I crossed 1 wire and that kept my green light on constantly while in gear ,so back to square 1 taking everything back apart a whole 5 minute task just to switch the wires. Hope this fixes your problem it did mine.