PDA

View Full Version : New DRR Suspension is coming soon!

QuadJunkies
07-26-2008, 11:03 PM
We just wrapped up an AWESOME day of testing at Z-Broz racing' in Logan, Utah.. The guys got ALOT accomplished today. They spent a full day into the early evening doing tests runs to know where to make changes. Alot of time has been spent on research .
We will be running the Proto type at the WORCS Round 6 if all goes well and will also have an in-depth article on the set up and facility tour if all goes well ..Were hoping to have the set on in the next wek or two.

Alot of focus was spent on making the rear end handle better today and make use of more travel that these kids need BADLY.
All I can say is when this is done ,these shocks are gonna ROCK!! We never knew just how much handling Brandon has been missing out on .All was tested on the test bike, cant wait to have it on his own !
I wasnt sure just how helpful an young boy would be in explaining things,but they said he actually spoke more clear than some of the big dawgs have done . lol
He was running faster in the rough stuff on a stock motor than he was with his built motor!!
I for one sure learned alot ,it was very interesting to take it all in .
I cant wait to share it with everyone :)
Ill have to wait until we recieve the set on his own quad .
Z-Broz will be on hand at Straddleline to talk to anyone interested in learning more about all the products they are working on for the DRR at WORCS Round 6.There is alot of great things coming soon!
All the guys and there families were a blast to hang out with .
Ill post up some photos when I get home and let everyone know when they go inot production .The products are the :

ARS-FX A-arms
ARS-FX-Swing Arm-totally SICK!
Exit Shocks
Swing Arm skid Plate

wvspeedfreak
07-27-2008, 07:05 AM
I can't wait to see the pics Tina.

QuadJunkies
07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
One thing we learned on the trip was on "useable "travel and the "LACK" of there really is!!
Not any more ...
:devil:

You will see shock using the FULL SHOCK vs. 4.5 inches of it on this set up . Troy and I talked almost the full time home on how amazed we were on just how well a full days testing improved his overall handling.
There was alot of things discused, including after market chassis.
If time will allow, I am going to talk the Zbors guys into an intro to the upcoming products and more Suspension 101 just like we recieved at the upcoming WORCS Round.
I think many of you will be absolutely amazed just as we were .Seeing the Suspension dance across the kickers instead of bouncing and tires just skimming was pretty sweet!!

Again, this is just a prototype, Nothing has been PC'd there is several changes that will be doing before the final one is made. Zbroz wanted to take some time designing a few things that will separate themselves from alot of the rest.

Shocks will be Piggy back both front and rear.
When the full set up arrives, Ill take indepth photos on all the little things they have done to make the set so cool.Right now all I have is the ones from testing.

http://www.pbase.com/image/100819794/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/100819795/original.jpg

Brandon gave them a pretty good pounding.The rear end squat is soooo much better now and was using much more of the shock.
http://www.pbase.com/image/100819801/original.jpg

forgiven
07-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Do they have a target price range?

QuadJunkies
07-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
Do they have a target price range?
I have not heard anything on price yet, but I will make sure and include the it when the article comes out ,if not sooner. ;)

I threw up a few more pics of our trip on the Open Section.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3311370#post3311370

sldhd700
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
QJ

I m glad to see that Z Broz finally came through for you guys, but I can honestly say that they really cheated Shayden. They took his bike for five months used it to design their stuff then closed the door on him. If anyone choses to do business with these guys they should check the snowmobile forums also they have a real good business reputation there also. If anyone is wondering why I have such a rotten attitude toward these guys email me
sldhd700@aol.com or call me 801-971-3388. Or even better call Ryan Zollinger.

I won t put my sons name on this one!!!

Paul H. Housley

QuadJunkies
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Im sorry for whats happened to Shayden, I do however try and stay out of politics as much as possible. I have however asked them to contact you on this.
They actually didnt get all the info on specs until just recently. They have been waiting on a DRR to ship to them and everyones been out of them.
Again, Im not trying to get involved in the otehr side of things,we adore Shayden,ya'll are " good people" we just want to see great products out there for these kids and we were willing to wait longer for it and had a quad to ride in the meantime..;)
MY quad has been in the shop for 4 months. Oh boy.. do I have a DOOZY story to tell you about that sometime!(Greggs business closed the doors)

BTW.. hows the racing going ? I wish we had time to play this last wk end longer , we would have liked to hit a race before coming home.
Tell Shayden hello for us .:)

sldhd700
07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
QJ

I understand about the politics of racing, I m honestly not trying to start anything with you or Troy. I am just stating the way Shayden was treated by these guys and like any parent I am looking out for his best interest. When a World Champion Snowmobile Hill Climber shakes hands with a little boy and makes a deal he really needs to follow through. Snowmobiling is our first passion and Shayden has watched these guys over and over on videos so its hard for him to understand what happened and why when these guys were his heroes. Shyaden was flattered to have the Z Broz support but they didn t follow through!

There has been alot change here also.

QuadJunkies
07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
WE need to catch up sometime! :)

We anxious to get some of the suspension on film to show everyone how it handles when its dialed in. Troys pretty stoked to see how big the improvements were from just one days testing.
In this photo, on his own quad he was experiencing alot of the tire just skimming the top of the bumps... on the new set up it was soaking it all up .:cool:
Ill take more shots when we can get it set up on Brandons quad .

QuadJunkies
08-12-2008, 09:14 AM
We got a chance to put in a couple hours with the new set up over the wk end.
Its going to take a little getting used to being able to get it in Brandons head that he can ride PLUSH! :p lol I think hes used to a stiffer ride ....he noticed right off how well it handled in the little kickers and soaked up more of the rough stuff.
Chain tensioner we still be worked on ,not too sure about that one yet.Like mentioend before,there is already changes being made on the final production.
We will be testing more at the WORCS race this upcoming wk end.Two of the the Z-broz crew will be on hand as well for any questions you may have .

Heres a few pics for those who asked about the set up threw emails, I wanted to have the product in hand before I posted anything.The lighting was not so good so Ill get better ones over the wk end.

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/101499873.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/101499877.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/101499884.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/101499887.jpg

QuadJunkies
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I snapped a few last minute shots before loading up

http://www.pbase.com/image/101566955/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/101566959/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/101566961/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/101566962/original.jpg

thedeatons
11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey Tina!!

Did these ever get finalized? Pricing?

QuadJunkies
11-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by thedeatons
Hey Tina!!

Did these ever get finalized? Pricing?
Hello stranger!! :)
The final set up should be out hopefully by Christmas or the 1st of the year.
We have been running them now for a few months with VERY good results,its the best set up we have ever ran on a mini..
Set up will be a little wider than what we are running right now and the Swing Arm will also be longer,but not by much.They want to add a little more up travel and rebound adustability.
They have also found a way to eliminate the need for a chain tensioner. We have the modification ,we just havent had a chance to add it on yet.
As for pricing... Give the guys a call,Im not sure on that . I know the shocks just released on the 2009 catalog.

Rcarroll
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
We got a set of these a couple months back to test and are amazed how well they work. They really do a great job on the small stuff and the big jumps even if you come up a little short. Can't wait to get the finale stuff with the changes. I think it will be one of the best on the market. All the guys a Z-Broz have been very easy to work with.

QuadJunkies
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Im glad to hear its worked good for your Son! :)
Production goal is set for the middle of Dec. as of last week.

thedeatons
11-09-2008, 10:55 PM
So how would these compare with the Fox shocks... At $1000 for all three Fox has a great deal.

QuadJunkies
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons
So how would these compare with the Fox shocks... At $1000 for all three Fox has a great deal.

Only riders who have faithfully ran BOTH sets can answer that question honestly and then its still up to a riders preference in suspension that suits THERE needs.
This isnt just a shock that was built...this was a full on suspension build that goes hand in hand to give the best in performance with the combination of there custom built
Shocks,A-Arms,SwingArm and frame modifications to make the package that much sweeter.They all were built to work together.
They have one of the best shocks builders in the business working for them .

There is alot of great products out there today and its just so awesome that we all now can say we have CHOICES for our kids ! :)
This just happens to be one that we feel very strongly in letting everyone know about because its THAT good!!:blah:

SMS
11-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Theese guys are awsome to deal with and they really know what they are doing. I can't wait to see it in action.

Rcarroll
11-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Zach testing out the Z-Broz suspension

Rcarroll
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Rcarroll
11-16-2008, 08:27 PM

Rcarroll
11-16-2008, 08:42 PM

Rcarroll
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok last one. Sorry I don't know how to do more than one at a time

QuadJunkies
11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Robin,
In that 1st shot, what kind of gap was he clearing?
Thats a cool shot!:cool: :macho

Rcarroll
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't know not sure where it was. :confused:

QuadJunkies
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SMS
Theese guys are awsome to deal with and they really know what they are doing. I can't wait to see it in action.
this was the 1st test run...:D

We have since made some changes and stiffened things up abit more ,the shock was just abit too soft on the first race but we now have Brandons dialed in nicely.They wanted us to try it out soft and work from there,so we did..
We cant wait to test out the final set ,its only going to be that much better .
We will be making a close up vidoe in the off-season that will hopefully show upclose just how well the shocks work in action.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C71xDwOJsIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C71xDwOJsIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rhinorick
11-16-2008, 09:03 PM
thats a cool video Tina

QuadJunkies
11-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Rcarroll
I don't know not sure where it was. :confused:
Did you get the rear end too or is it just the fronts for now?

ww228king
11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
this was the 1st test run...:D

We have since made some changes and stiffened things up abit more ,the shock was just abit too soft on the first race but we now have Brandons dialed in nicely.They wanted us to try it out soft and work from there,so we did..
We cant wait to test out the final set ,its only going to be that much better .
We will be making a close up vidoe in the off-season that will hopefully show upclose just how well the shocks work in action.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C71xDwOJsIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C71xDwOJsIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

was that stock/standard travel?

QuadJunkies
11-16-2008, 09:13 PM
This is LT set up.Same thats shown in the pictures .

You get so much wheel travel out of the rear end that you have to relocate the pipe with a minor spacing adjustment . It will cause the chain to come loose of course, but they already have a fix for that also ,to where there is no chain tensioner that is needed at all.This has worked well so far and we have had ZERO issues since the install in Aug.

thedeatons
11-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Isn't there a rule against leading by that much in a class? Is he running Pro yet?

You guys shoudl sell off some of your gene pool to other aspiring race-parents....

QuadJunkies
11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
LOL! Actually Ill be humble and tell you...Brandon actually took a 4th that race.OF all riders, his own Sister caused him to get hung up! lol
Actually, there was two riders, but hey.. its always easier to blame your sister for everything right?? LOL

Brandon REALLY loves to jump though!:macho

Rcarroll
12-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Just want to say thanks to Z-Broz racing for helping my son win three championships this year. (Virginia State Championship, US Eastern Motorcross Spring Series and D13 90cc Production)
There new suspension really pick up his lap times. So if anyone is looking to put a new suspension on there DRR give them a call it is well worth the money. Working with them was a pleasure. They even jump threw a few hoops to make things happen.

QuadJunkies
12-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Thats very cool-congrats to your Son!!
Things are just about ready to wrap up on the final production.:)
I cant wait to see the final product.

QuadJunkies
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
We just recieved what appears to be the final product today and WOW... this is a BEEAUTIFUL set up!!
There were a few changes made as mentioned earlier in the year,they have also added a steering bracket as well. The rear end is what I really loved the most ,its actually going to have a longer shock with USABLE travel and TRUE ADJUSTABILITY and with NO CHAIN tensioner needed!!We used the demo set up all season and did not have one single chain issue all season.The set up a bit longer and wider .Too much to talk about ,but Ill post up some photos when we get ready to install.
This has been a really long process,we have been following the process for a little over a year now ,but after watching all the changes and going threw a great deal of education on suspension, I can see why they took there time doing it right .Its truly been a learning experience .
We VERY excited to test out the final product,now if it would just quit snowing !!!:ermm:

QuadJunkies
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, heres is what is ALMOST the FINAL product!!
The rear IS the finished product(photo on right)
Eye to eye it measures 14 1/2 inches long,15 3/4 full length .
It is an adjustable rear shock -rebound preload adjustability.

The front shocks(photo on left) measure up at 15 1/4 eye to eye, and full length 16 1/2 .
More DRR shock specs:
Shock stroke on both front and rear shocks are 4-1/4".
Wheel travel on both front and rear is 8-1/2".

The fronts will have full adjustability- same lengths. Right now they have to build a new shock body to put in the rebound .
Ill post some shots of it installed,we are doing that today along with the A-Arms and Swingarm.Longer Brake lines will be needed we just learned today and will have that taken care of ASAP.

You have to be carefull about looking for the most travel and really what is TRULY being USABLE TRAVEL.
More is not always better. Especially with shorter control arms. Balance is better!
Too much up travel and your frame hits the dirt.
Too much droop in front and you get too much weight transfer front to back AND side
to side. You also get too much scrub, which can also ampify inherent bumpsteer.
Too much droop in back, too much weight transfer under braking, along with increased chain tension problems...

skyeryder
01-10-2009, 06:20 PM
THOSE ARE SOME GOOD LOOKING SHOCKS. ARE THEY GONNA MAKE A STOCK LENGTH SHOCK FOR STOCK ARMS?

QuadJunkies
01-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by skyeryder
THOSE ARE SOME GOOD LOOKING SHOCKS. ARE THEY GONNA MAKE A STOCK LENGTH SHOCK FOR STOCK ARMS?

I am not sure on that...
There has been no mention yet, but I know they want to perfect this set up first before pursuing any other projects with the DRR.It would have to be something that was in great demand and benefical.I know they wont throw something together that they dont feel is good quality performance, since thats what there aim was for on this LT set up.
If I hear of anything Ill be sure to post and let you know ! :)
They are the only company that I know of that builds an entire suspension line up with there shocks, Swingarms, AArms,Chain guides,steering stems and steering supports-Pretty Cool!:cool:
They wanted to build frames, but seen that it would be a problem with alot of the classes the kids race ,so they bagged that for now.

We have the front end almost done, Il post up the pics possibly tomorrow.

skyeryder
01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
with the rule change for the 50cc limited class being able to switch shocks they might consider it...

QuadJunkies
03-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Here is a couple photos of the new stem support. I was amazed how light it is and the way it mounts it is a more solid fit.

On this support you actually use a pre exsisting hole that was not being used for anything prior, they are not oval shaped so there is no shifting or movement .

QuadJunkies
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
So far we are pretty pleased with the support,we will get a few months use on it and see how it holds up.

QuadJunkies
03-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Due to a difference in mounting, we did have to relocate the steering stabilizer. We like it better here anyways.

QuadJunkies
03-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Due to the change in width required us to change to longer brake lines.
This is two separate brake lines that come down to each front brake instead of one teeing off in the middle.
I can take a photo of that tomorrow to see if anyone is interested.

mcwilly
05-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So far we are pretty pleased with the support,we will get a few months use on it and see how it holds up.

Bump. :D

QuadJunkies
05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
On the Stem support, we have not had any troubles..

Normally you would take the stock support and re locate it towards the top of the stem... One did break, so they decided to run the original block support that bolts to the frame as well as the second one up towards the top.

We hit the MX today and Brandon was clearing 52-55 ft jumps .:D

Suspension was smooth as butter...
Ill throw up a few pics of the final set up this evening.

QuadJunkies
05-10-2009, 08:03 PM
The suspension is just what we had hoped for ,very pleased with how the DRR handles now. Brandon was pretty stoked leaving the MX today.
I thought I took some pics of a few of the jumps he was clearing, but I guess I didnt. I know I got a little bit of video today, just not sure what all is on there just yet.

The suspension is now in production,we will be running the set up at Round 5 of the WORCS in Washington next month.

We gave his quad some new colors as well.

http://www.pbase.com/image/112383108/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/112383072.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/112383073/original.jpg