PDA

View Full Version : 700 clutch reassembly problem

northwest Texas
07-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Okay, here's the deal and it's got me flustered.

My bil had his clutch give out on his 700. So I ordered him a set of new plates (EBC) and pretty much made him do all the work so he can learn how. I should've been there when he disassembled but wasn't.

The problem is getting the cover on and getting sufficient play. I keep making minor adjustments in the arm but I can't seem to get it right where we can take pressure off the plates.

I have a service manual coming but it shouldn't be this difficult. Maybe it's the fact I'm so tired I'm not thinking clearly.

Can you guys help me? Am I missing something?

Also, with regards to the clutch failure. Have any of you had a failure? The quad doesn't have maybe 20 hrs on it. I thought maybe he was feathering it too much but he said he doesn't do that.

raptor686boi
09-06-2008, 06:54 AM
actually my buddies 700 clutch just went on him the other weekend when we were in the middle of nowheres. :eek:
What year is his guys bike ?

I duno about your little problem tho cause when i did all the work on his bike it went together fine and the bike hooks right up now.

All of his plates were snapped it was pretty brutal. :D

northwest Texas
09-06-2008, 01:36 PM
It's an 08.

I got it figured out from the help of a fellow forum member although we still don't have it running. That's been due to busy work.

What do you mean by snapped? Did they break? These were just worn.

raptor686boi
09-07-2008, 07:21 AM
good that you got it all figureed outt.

The pletes must have got pretty hot. cause they cracked and some snapped into pieces.